• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Some f**kers keyed my car,

Not happy at all, just noticied tonight that some f**king scumbag has keyed the side of my car, (luckily only done the drivers door), but thats besides the point, they should leave peoples property alone. Not happy and unlikely to find out who it is, - for there sake and probably mine i hope i dont. As id probably do something really really bad to them. :mad: :evil:

Two years ago, somebody did my civic sport all along the side, from the rear tail light to the front headlight, along with everyone elses on the street. I wouldnt mind the areas not even bad, its just things like this keep happening to peoples cars around here.

At the moment i cant even afford to get it fixed, due to being made redundant three months ago. So im bloody skint at the minute.

Dont know what else to put, except that im really ****d off, and hope these people die painfully and slowly. c**ts!

Anyone know roughly how much this is going to cost to get sorted and if it involves a respray or what? Its about two an half foot long, single scratch, (you can see the white, so im guessing it could of gone through to the metal) and only on the drivers side door? Cars a NHB.

Our CTR was keyed down to the metal on the passenger door and I was quoted £500+ to get it sorted. :( :mad: I didn't bother. :oops:

£500 !! :evil: :(

The cars imaculate apart form this scratch. Suppose when i can afford it im going to have to pay it, can you tell its been resprayed once its been done?

Looks like the mods i wanted are going to have to wait even longer now.

Then again, i suppose it could get scratched again, so might just go ahead with the mods anyway, and when i move house, - then get the scratch sorted. :evil:

I don't know mate. I didn't get it fixed. It was also scratched down the driver's side (looked like a bike/baby buggy scrape rather than vandalism) and had various dings on both bumpers because people who live round us can't parallel park. :(

Thats a lot worse than mine is then, :evil: Did they quote you £500 to repair the lot or jsut the scratch on the door?

Don't have a full respray, you will be able to tell

Your best bet would be to buy a honda colour kit from halfords.

Wash/dry the area
Fill the scratch with the colour kit
Wait to dry
Sand down with 24hr soaked paper
Machine polish out

I agree with what Glen suggested tbh.

I'm sure someone thats good could fix it wet sanding & machine it.

People have no respect for other people's cars.. your lucky it was just the door, my gf let her dad barrow her 2008 Audi R8 (just bought last month) for work and someone keyed the whole passenger side of the car!:eek: Needless to say now her dad paying to repaint the whole car! anyways GL w/ the repairs!

Likewis, my civic sport was keyed, full length of the car. I got quoted £650 to spray mine by honda approved people. Hense i didnt bother. I used a honda paint pen, and polished away. You can still see it in some directions but not in others. Deffo go with the wet sanding imo !

Im a sprayer mate and im sure you could get it done for £150 if you look around. With it being nhb you shouldnt have to blend it into the wing or rear 1/4. If you Lived near me i would of sorted it you for that.

Chances are it wont polish out,but a good way of testing is to wet it with a cloth and if it disapears you can get it out without respraying.

Joe

Thanks for the advice everyone, when i get chance to clean it, Ill try what Joe Best and Glen and everyone else has said.

Fingers crossed that when i clean it, it will come out. Or at least not show up as bad.

The cars a 55 plate, and only done about 16,000 miles (I think), so is it worth spending on to get a professional to do it?

Also Joe how far from Manchester are you?

Nottingham mate.
Can you feel the scratch if you pick it with your finger nail?

To be honest ive not checked during daylight, Ill have a look tomorrow morning.

When i first noticied it, it was night time and a friend said they tried wetting it, and some of it appeared to rub off, but was still 'white' in places, They said they couldnt feel anything with there finger nail though, - Ive just asked them that.

Ill check it out properly tomorrow daytime and post back.

Sickening though when people do this sort of thing, Ive looked after that car since day one an some fckr goes and does this. :evil:

Gutted for you mate......I always park my car miles away from any other cars in a car park so some tosser doesn't open their door into mine but you can't do anything about these jealous Fu*k wits who see a nice car and key it because their sh*t little lives will never allow them to own a decent car......I hope they die!!!

Sorry for the rant but this kind of thing pi**es me off so bad.

My mate’s uncle works in Manchester spraying cars and does very good work. He fixed my mates car after some mindless c*nt keyed all down one side of his L200 and you would never be able to tell where it was fixed.

I'll ask him how much and get back to you if you’re interested.

Back