• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Some photos of my DC5

I gave my car a bit of a clean tonight so decided to take some pictures.

But the light was going fast and I took the wrong lens with my Dad's camera, so in short the photos are not great. But here they are anyway.

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

The wheels probably aren't to everyones taste, to be honest I'm still not sure but my standard ones are getting refurbed (they have been for ages actually, should never tell someone your in no hurry to get something done).

The splitter probably won't be to everyones taste either but I like it (didn't for a start, it came with the car). It looks gash with white wheels on though.

Other than that the car has a spoon front strut brace, an unidentified rear upper brace (I think it might be J's), Eibach springs, d2 camber arms, Alpine DVD headunit, JBL amp buddyclub oil and radiator caps, Spoon plug cover, AEM V2 and Skunk2 gear knob.

I quite like the splitter, might look better with carbon side skirts and rear lip?

Car looks good either way :cool:

Black splitter looks awesome, change the wheels for standards in black, and will look perfect, proper mean!

I really like that, its got a stealthy sleek look to it. I wouldn't change anything IMO :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys.

I will make an effort to get some daylight photos at some point.

That looks pretty damn good mate. I like the splitter, it's different that's for sure and stands out. Btw, how do you find the V2? Any heatsoak?

That looks pretty damn good mate. I like the splitter, it's different that's for sure and stands out. Btw, how do you find the V2? Any heatsoak?

I'm never really sitting in traffic which I believe is when it really suffers most and we never get warm weather up here, so no don't really suffer from it.

It's being taken off this weekend to be cleaned though as its filthy.

I am going to attempt to make a cold air feed and I have a mate who is a welder and he was going to make a heatsheild for me.

I really want an ARC or Gruppe M but neither is going to happen too soon as I have a holiday that needs paying for.

I'm never really sitting in traffic which I believe is when it really suffers most and we never get warm weather up here, so no don't really suffer from it.

It's being taken off this weekend to be cleaned though as its filthy.

I am going to attempt to make a cold air feed and I have a mate who is a welder and he was going to make a heatsheild for me.

I really want an ARC or Gruppe M but neither is going to happen too soon as I have a holiday that needs paying for.

Cool, there are always posts slating the V2 for heatsoak and everything but I'm not sure who to believe as people like yourself have no problems with them. Is the whole heatsoak thing just a bit OTT or what?

I'd love a GM or ARC too but like you it aint going to happen.

I don't think there is any doubting that a proper kit like the Gruppe M will give better results but for my purposes I think the V2 is fine, loads of people run them with no problems. I'm sure with a heatsheild and cold air feed it will be even better.

Sounds really good too, sounds best just before the VTEC change over I think.

Right, I have been playing with my Dad's camera again, I don't think the results are any better than my last effort though. Here goes anyway.

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

I was going to get rid as I got myself a new job and thought I would get a new car, however I have decided I like it too much. So instead I am going to lavish some money on it.

Coming in the near future will be some coilovers as I think the front sits a little high despite the eibach springs.

I will be on the hunt for either a Gruppe M or an ARC super induction box (unsure how this sounds though).

Toda cat back (straight tail pipe) and possibly manifold.

Also looking into the RBC manifold and K'Pro although I might have to travel a fair bit to get it mapped to a decent standard, however that doesn't really bother me as I want it done properly.

Oh and I am aware that my nuts are rusty, I will be replacing them.

Back