• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Someone's flicked paint over the rear end of my car

:eek:

As above, i've got loads of blotches of green paint on my car. I took it to get it washed and they couldn't get the paint off.

I'm very cautious as i don't want to damage my paintwork but what is the best way i can "scrape / clean" off the blotches. They're around 20+ blotches of green paint... it looks as though someone has just flicked it from a paint brush... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I had the same problem with mine, the only thing that would shift it was a clay bar with quick detailer. It did take a while though :(

I've used some spirits and rubbed it down and alot of the paint has removed, however i don't think its doing the painwork any favours. Can't believe this has happened lol.. defnately need to get my car wrapped now! cheers for the help guys

The paint will have a clearcoat lacquer on top, so unless you scratched it really badly when removing the paint, all it will need is a good polish and the paint will be as good as new. You won't need it wrapped.

Aahhh the bane of my existence! The amount of time people have brought cars to me that've driven over freshly painted road lines and have white/red/yellow paint flicked all up the side of it!!

Yours doesn't sound too bad in all honesty. Tar & glue, thinners, panel wipe should all remove it or loosen it up. A bit of compound polish would finish the job and brighten the paint up if any of the chemicals dull the paint down a little bit. But as above, the clear coat will protect the paint well enough.

Back