• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Something's up - tyre noise?

Driving along the other day with the window down and the music off I noticed a noise almost like something was stuck to my tyre, so on every rotation of the tyre it made this noise. It sounds like the same noise I had when I got a bolt through my tyre (it's the same one). So I went and had it all checked out, the tyre and repair are fine so it can't be that.

Also I'm sure it comes and goes and I think when I brake sometimes there is a tiny noise as if the pad wear sensors were making it - very slight mind you. Also checked the pad and there is still some left.

So what can it be :confused: My service ain't until April I found out I was expecting it now as I have had the r a year almost so I guess I can wait for them to check it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be something as daft as a stone caught in the tread tbh mate.

If you're worried take it to your local tyre fitters get them to put it in the air & go round & check all the wheels & drop them a drink for their troubles ;)

^^ Yeah I did that mate, he even changed the faulty valve over for free so the tyre had a good check. He is certain it is fine. It was quite a big bolt so i'm wondering if the hole that's left is somehow making the noise on contact with the road.

He suggested grit in the brake disk - but it makes this noise on rotation. The tyre guy said it's 100% fine, i'm just a little paranoid that I could have a blow out or something.

Back