• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sorry another tegiwa topic

Tegiwa m induction kit i Just bodged it on today as I didn't get a bracket with the kit it's been used before
anyway when the car is Idle there is a loud humming noise coming from the carbon box is his normal ? I've never heard it on another kit I've had in the past ***** in advance

I think it's normal, mine is the same and it gets louder on high RPM's and when I turn the engine off, sounds like it cuts the breathing.

559396_10151194188049581_494343570_n.jpg

Mine sat a lot higher than that. SO the opening to the filter was level with the bottom of the scoop. The noise your hearing will be vibration somewhere, probably the bolt on the fitting arm has worked loose slightly, this was a problem for me because my bolt worked so loose, it fell off. It made a huge din without the bolt.

Just make sure all the securing bolts are tight, including the heatshield bolts. Replace them with self locking ones if it continues.

SFS Silicone intake hose. Also had an RBC Intake manifold too, which moves it up a few millimeters too.

Back