• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sorry for the long time coming!

As you were mostly all aware me and jamie had a bit of a time heading back up from Jae. My cars complete fault and thanks to jamie for having the patience of a saint!

Anyway about 30 mile from Scotch Corner and I start to hear a noise come from the front end of my car, Radio Jamie and he says my undertray is flapping around so, think nothing off it turn up the music and carry on. Arrive at Scotch Corner at about 1ish, turn the music down noise coming from the front end is ear piercing squealing sore! Pop the bonnet and my idle pulley has well and truly sh*t itself!

After a lot of fags smoked and a few Fvcks said Jamie phones the AA as he has an account with them (says he owns my car) this being about 2. Poor Jamie has a phone call with a lovely woman on the phone for about an hour, who kindly tells him he doesnt have the roadside cover, which he has been paying since he was 17. Basically seeing as it was my car I paid for Jamie to upgrade his account to which he was already paying to a grand total off 120 quid. Then the AA lad says I have to pay 320 quid to get my car to Glasgow! had to pay it or my car would have been stuck there. Basically this was about 3 in the afternoon, the flat cab lorry didnt come till 7ish so us two poor people had to spend the whole day at Scotch Corner. Home by 11ish.

Monday down to honda and get the new idle pulley, bearing casing and bolt ordered plus the labour bringing it to £155. Paid that collect the car tomorrow. Changed my boat booking to Tuesday, Sorted (or so I think).

Tuesday, Jamie gave me a lift to honda, get in and the boy says to me I need to look at something. Go through to the workshop look at my car and was ah fvck in my head! Basically the bracket the idle pulley sits on where the bolt threads into had snapped! Ordered a new bracket at 70 quid also adding another 45 labour hour charge. Changed the boat again to Wednesday night.

Wednesday, same again Jamie gave me a lift sitting there thinking hurry up as I have to be in Scrabster for half 5! Get the car, the boy from the garage said there was still a noise coming from one of my bearings but as I needed the car he didnt have time to look at it. up the road I go, Get to the boat on time, hell of a rumble coming from 1 or more bearings, but it got me home.

Thursday, Take the car to my pals garage and take the belt off and spin the bearings, tensioner pulley and water pump pulley are shot! He phone mac & dick honda in inverness. ordered them up at another nice price for £251 inc vat! So atleast I didnt have to pay for the fitting as did it myself on my pals ramp. But what an absolute W**k off a job!

Sorry for the long update and also for writing a story, just been up in Shetland and **** wifi

Wow, what a nightmare! How did they all go at the same time?!

Still, they should be good for a while now. :|

I should hope so! I am guessing they all went because there was a sh*t lot of tension on the belt and the idle pulley was near ready for coming of itself so I think it was just the tension that pulled them tighter than it should off, as the belt was still turning when I got the car stopped thank god!

thought I would update this! thought I sorted it with just changing the tensioner pulley and not the water pump as its a b*tch of a job! It was fine for about a week, then it started to make a noise again! So to make things worse I thought it was my chain making the noise. So off with the belt, start the engine to text the noise with no pulleys turning. Much to my relief it wasn't coming from the head. So belt back on, rattle, rattle, rattle, so now my only thought is it has to be the water pump pulley. The fun part is that i cant tell until I take it off as there is no room to turn the pulley or listen to it as there is about an inch to get your hand on it so either engine out, Front off or just lift the engine high enough and pray to god that there is enough room to get to it!

Guess what my job tomorrow night is going to be! :(

Only just seen this thread. What an absolute shít run of luck! Hopefully that'll be the end of it!

Yeah sadly so! Couldn't get a shot of my friends ramp last night as I was working, so it will be the job tonight. Just think it may take a bit long than a few hours!

Fingers crossed, you don't need any more hassle do you?!

I want pics of the offending item being shot-putted too. ;)

Yeah! Touch wood! but I think it will be a bitch of a job! but that is the plans this afternoon! Also got a new job! working as a bar wench back home for the time being to work normal hours again! so fits in just perfect!

And don't worry I will even set the fvcker on fire and dance around it like an ISIS ritual!

Actually ready to well and truly give up on life! after 8 hours< yes 8 fvcking hours! the b1tch still isn't running right! so now I have wasted 250 quid on a tensioner pulley I didn't need and a water pump I didn't need. But at least they a new and I suppose rules them out now. But now I am back to thinking it is the idle pulley again, as in thinking that i got a faulty one as that would be my luck!!

So I shall be on the phone to honda tomorrow as hopefully it will still be under warranty. And if that is not the answer I am well and truly beaten as I have no ideas left!

Christ on a bike!

a451o0j.gif

japanweirdsuperior.jpg

ooooooohhhhhhhh it gets so much better! Just got off the phone to honda and I told them I think the new idle pulley is at fault (long chance I know) but you never know it may have failed, plus the noise is coming from there!

Anyway.... If I want to prove that I think it is the idle pulley I have to take it to the honda dealer! Which is in Inverness but that is still £120 plus petrol trip!

So I really am at a serious FML moment!

Anyone's that you can borrow? Get it shipped up, fit and shipped back once tested.

I did mention that but apparently in honda warranty they have to be the ones who first test the pulley when's it's on my car, so he said I have to take it to a honda dealer to see if it is faulty. Not best pleased as you can imagine when he told me that!

Back