• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sort of clonking over speed bumps @ top of travel.....

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Went to the gym this evening after work & the speed bumps in the complex are aggressive to say the least.

Anyways, when I go over them, once the suspension feels like it's at the very top of it's travel I can feel a clunk & again once it's released from the top of the travel again.

Happens more on the right hand side than passenger.

Any ideas? :?

How many miles has your car covered? Is it on the standard set up?

SpaceMonkey said:
MilanoChris said:
How many miles has your car covered? Is it on the standard set up?

10,800 & all standard Chris

I'm not much of a suspension buff mate, but since it's a 04 plate I'd take it to the dealers and ask them to have a look.

MilanoChris said:
I'm not much of a suspension buff mate, but since it's a 04 plate I'd take it to the dealers and ask them to have a look.

Cheers anyways Chris.......dunno why, but got suspension top mounts in my head & something about re-torquing them :?

I'll take it to a stealers :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
MilanoChris said:

Cheers anyways Chris.......dunno why, but got suspension top mounts in my head & something about re-torquing them :?

I'll take it to a stealers :wink:

I had a similar sounding sound on stock suspension mate, and the cure was indeed a quick tighten of the top mounts. 8) The stealer will sort it. :wink:

ianwilliams said:
I had a similar sounding sound on stock suspension mate, and the cure was indeed a quick tighten of the top mounts. 8) The stealer will sort it. :wink:

Cheers Ian :wink:

Thought I remembered it from somewhere.

She's being serviced on the 29th & already got the suspension noise & clutch noise on the worksheet to look at.

Thanks again mate

Back