• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Space saver tire for FD2 type R

I am not entirely comfortable living with the repair kit especially when going on long trips out country.

Has anyone considered getting a space saver ? If so, what do you reckon would be the correct specs?

The closet match I can locate would be that of JDM Odyssey Absolute which runs on 225/45/R18 tires (18x7J). The space saver used is a T135/90D16 102M (16x4T).

What about the space saver for the new civic ..

I'm sure they will fit .. 06TMPSMRG01HE £132.08 S&F .
I'm gonna try one anyway :)

any update on this?

I popped into my local Honda dealers to enquire. Unfortunately they have a seperate parts centre so they couldn't help, but the service guys seemed confident that Honda would have a stock item that would fit.

I would give Dave at Steels Honda a call. He deals with a lot of DC5 parts.

01432 267151

Either that or try one of the Jap part importers such a Bazza at VTEC Direct (on here, look in the traders section) or http://www.japanparts.com/

Did you get this space saver & does it fit? Thinking of ordering one just incase.

Apparently the wheel is 15" and Honda only offer one space saver across the whole model range.

Did you get this space saver & does it fit? Thinking of ordering one just incase.

Apparently the wheel is 15" and Honda only offer one space saver across the whole model range.

You have a good example with spare the ATR. This spare will only fit the rear because of the 300mm front brake disc. To get to a garage in a ATR you will have to put the spare on the rear and use the 17" rear rim for the front.

This sollution must also be used for the CTR, depent on the hight of the total wheel.

You shouldn't run a space saver on the front of a car with LSD anyway, as you can knacker the diff. If you get a front puncture then swap the rear tyre to the front and put the space saver on the rear.

Point is, it doesn't matter if the space saver won't fit over the front brakes.

You shouldn't run a space saver on the front of a car with LSD anyway, as you can knacker the diff. If you get a front puncture then swap the rear tyre to the front and put the space saver on the rear.

Point is, it doesn't matter if the space saver won't fit over the front brakes.

what he says - this will also make it easier to find a sutable spare as it doesn't need to fit over a caliper

Think we are getting slightly confused here - no issues with swopping the wheels around, like I say, I had an ATR before so i'm well aware of that.

Just trying to find out if the size of the honda UK space saver is ok for the car as the FD2 has different size wheels to the UK range - or am i missing something?!

Think we are getting slightly confused here - no issues with swopping the wheels around, like I say, I had an ATR before so i'm well aware of that.

Just trying to find out if the size of the honda UK space saver is ok for the car as the FD2 has different size wheels to the UK range - or am i missing something?!

Can do, simply drive to the dealer and see if it will fit :smt102

They have to be ordered in - and I need to pay first :rolleyes:

Things like this shouldn't be that difficult, but I don't want to spend £120 on a space saver that is no good

They have to be ordered in - and I need to pay first :rolleyes:

Things like this shouldn't be that difficult, but I don't want to spend £120 on a space saver that is no good

Yesterday I checked a 2008 FD3 and there is one in the boot.

Would be easy the fit one "borrowed" from one.

If I order one in the Netherlands and would not want buy it when it arrieve's I would have to pay +/- 40% for cost made

Back