• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare Dashboard Button

Ok, so finally got round to talking the car into my bros garage for a couple of issues.
I needed the brakes checked to see why they were squeeling under normal braking, turns out the previous owner black glossed the calipers and everything else in site including the actual discs. Thats now sorted, the only other issue i had was the fact that the Air Conditioning isnt working, the button on the dash doesnt illuminate, checked under the bonnet for a while and figured out the car doesnt have Air Conitioning and never has. Did Honda allow cars off the line with incorrect dashboards or is this button standard on all type r regardless whether or not they have A/C?

Anyway, i have a spare button on my dash that i need to something with, any ideas? No james bond stuff like rocket boosters or machine guns though although that would be awesome.

None AC cars came with a grey blank in the AC button location, like the one below;

b0.jpg

None AC cars came with a grey blank in the AC button location, like the one below;

b0.jpg

Correct.

You car has probably had an A/C model part of the centre console put in to replace an old scratched up part. Maybe all the previous owner could get his hands on at the time.

It's an easy part of the dash to swap over yourself if you are so inclined. :)

Back