• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare Key

Hay this isnt realy a fault, but i have just recently bought an 05 EP3 type r and it only came with one key i was wondering if anyone new of somewhere that does spare keys for a reasonable price as honda is wanting £200

thanks x

You'll have to get one off Honda as they have a chip in for the immobiliser.

Cool cool iv been lookin all over the net for some that does them guess Honda it is lol suppse it's with the money better than loosin my only key cheers matey x

Try E bay for the remote part as there cheaper than honda but make sure you match up the coding on the back, Key will need to be Honda only.

Haha don't want to do that like can't give the n.e a bad name best place to be
Ah nice one dude I will have a drive through 2 Durham 2moro after work see what they say cheers

I also need another key for mine as it only came with one, got a quote from my local dealer..... £60! :D

I don't get it.....how can prices very by SOO much between dealers. They're all bl**dy Honda!! Which dealer quoted you that by the way? Do they deliver lol.

I don't get it.....how can prices very by SOO much between dealers. They're all bl**dy Honda!! Which dealer quoted you that by the way? Do they deliver lol.

Geo Collins Honda
Herstmonceux Service Station,
Herstmonceux,
Hailsham,
East Sussex,
BN27 4JU.

I was quite shocked really when they said £60 as I was preparing myself to pay at least £120

I explained to them that I only have one key, and that I have the key code (card that comes in the type r folder with the owners manual, service manual etc). They told me that I would have to book it in and that they would need the car so I presume so, yes

I have the key code (card that comes in the type r folder with the owners manual, service manual etc).

Isn't that the code for the locking wheel nut key? It is in my FN2 but I can't remember what my EP3 had....

I suppose it could be the locking wheel nut code, I just presumed it was for the keys as I had the packet for the nuts in the boot of the car and that had a card in it.

I'll call Honda again on Tuesday just to confirm and then I'll let you know

In that case then I dont have it! Well I'll call them anyways and see how much it is without the code and then. Always interesting to see how much prices differ between different dealers

Back