• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare keys stolen - best option?

Basically I've had my CTR 04 spare keys stolen (along with all other household belongings) house contents insurance doesn't cover this, also didn't have key cover on my car insurance (bad mistake!)

I was wondering what the best way to go about this is, obviously the spare keys will never be found, but can open my car and be driven with them.

Is the best option to just go to Honda, get all the locks and that replaced (quoted me £1000) or is there another way around this? A few people I have spoken to have said about rechipping the set of keys I have, but I am just so confused as to what the best option is.

Could really do with as much input as possible from you guys as this car is my pride and joy and I am aboslutely gutted this has happened.

Thanks
Phil.

If they change the locks then they would need to reprogramme the ecu to the new key so would'nt need a new ecu i don't think.

Yes if from a dealer or so then wouldn't need to change ecu, cheapest option is a lockset and ecu from a breakers. Collect in person or post to a friends, wouldn't have anything car security related posted to your address

Just get another fob off ebay & buy a one new key from Honda & get them to recode the new & exsiting keys/fobs
This WILL cancel your stolen key/fob off the system so they cant take it !

My R was stolen in 2008 & i only had one key, if only id taken it to the stealers to have this done i would not of gone through all that stress as the previous owner kept a set & helped himself a year later never to be seen agian :mad:

Back