• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare tyre tool kit.....

I tried using the spare wheel tool kit jack to to raise the car to take wheel off and paint the callipers but for some reason the jack is a peice of crap and I couldn't raise the car more then an inch or so due to there being no handle to 'pump' so to speak?!

Anyone had this problem or is it just me?

Just you. :) It is garbage, granted, but you can raise the car more than enough to paint the calipers with the spare wheel jack.

Shove the wheel centre cap screwdriver thing through the 'eye' on the jack and use that to turn it.

The jack will have an eye, and should come with a bar that has a hook at one end and what looks like a big screw driver at the other. Put the hook onto the eye.

Now here's the bit people don't get. Your tyre iron/bar that fits on your wheel nut, will have a hole in the middle of it that the screw driver end of the hook-bar will fit through.

Bob's your uncle, start turning away.

Eg.

stock-photo-11880296-car-jack-and-lug-wrench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for that guys

Loxy you made it sound like everyone should know this just by looking at it lol

Nice one, learn something new everyday!

No worries. I figured it out rotating the tyres on my old EP3.

Easy when you know how!

Or just look in the owners handbook. ;)

It's one of those man things though isn't it? Look at the instructions to take a wheel off? NO! I'll try first and if I fail I'll turn to the internetz!

It's a flaw I shall continue until I grow old or wise up. :lol:

I've never used my jack or wheel brace, I bought myself a decent extendable brace after I snapped the one that came with my Pug.

Back