• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spark Plugs - Genuine Honda vs Others

Hi All

I have done a fair bit of searching but can’t find the answer, so, sorry if this has been asked before.

When changing spark plugs people seem to be recommending NGK Iridium IFR7G-11KS.
Are these recommended because they are better than the original Honda or because they are cheaper…… or both? I just don’t want to put something in the car that is not as good at the original part.

Are there any spark plugs that are considered an upgrade for a standard EP3?

Thanks for any advice

Jim

OEM plugs are either NGK or Denso depending on year. Both companies do 2 plugs AFAIK, Denso do the power and tough ranges and NGK do Iridium 9 and Laser Iridium.

These are all identical pretty much structure wise and the only difference is the extended change interval on the tough and Laser ranges.

On an NA motor you won't notice an inch difference between any of the 4 plug types.

Thanks stoneyni

So if my plugs were the NGK OEM ones would they be identical to the non-company spesific NGK Iridiums?

Thanks again

Jim

Yes, I have tried Denso Power and both NGKs and not noticed one iota of change.

Now I just get the cheapest of the bunch and swap them more regular.

Back