• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

spark plugs

hey guys i went down to honda the other day after wich spark plugs to use on my car they said i need a certain plug witch are £25 each ?? can i just not use iridium plugs? sorry not clued up with these cars yet just need advice on plugs and oil iff any one could help my car is a ep3 type r chears luke

It is recommended to only use those that are mentioned in the service book. NGK and Denso. I don't remember the serial # at the moment but you can always make a search...

anybody help me with the oil it kills me to ask this but never changed the oil in my ep3 just wondering witch oil it needs thanks luke

chears mate i did search the forum but never came across that fully synthetic i take it chears

hey guys oil is sorted:) one last thing do i use denso ik22 iridium plugs or do i go for the laser iridium plugs ? thanks luke

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys oil is sorted:) one last thing do i use denso ik22 iridium plugs or do i go for the laser iridium plugs ? thanks luke

I used 'standard' Platinum plugs in mine, rather than the Irridium ones.
Mainly because they perform in the real world pretty much the same, but the platinum tips need changing more frequently.
As I don't like the idea of 75k plugs anyway, I'd tend to go overboard and do them at 20k, so went NGK platinum tipped, at £8.50 each in Ero Car Parts, rather than the silly money for Dezo ones.
I've had no issues with them, and the power hasn't changed slightly.

Guess i's down to preference, if you don't mind changing more frequently, as I tend to go for anyway, then platinum works for me....

Back