• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

speaker doesnt like bass!!!

guys i need some help!!

my passenger side door speaker vibrates when i put the bass up! at the moment i have to put the majority of the sound to the rear cause the rattle it makes is frustrating!!!!

my question is... whats the easiest way to get into the door panel to have a look at the speaker????

Ta

Carefully pop the lower cover off the arm rest, undo all screws. Use an allen key to pop out the silver insert of the handle and undo the other screws. Remove tweeter assembly, pull gently to tease it off. The plastic clip mount will probably break but you can glue it back on easily. Remove the switch assembly and undo cable.

Now from the bottom of the door card work the poppers free by gentle tugging the card, get your fingers in the gap and slide them along to remove all the bottom poppers. The card will probably just give and come away. Lift up and off the door.

Rest the door card on your foot, then unplug the door lock cable and the release the plastic swing clip off the door pull and lift the L pin out.

Take your time doing it as it's your first time, it's easy to break clips and all sorts if you're not careful. :)

RE: your speaker, it's probably blown. Get some Alpine Type G components, run new cable to the HU. Much better :)

RE: the lower cover, use a flat head screw driver wrapped in electrical tape to avoid any damage. Forgot to mention that.

No worries mate, I'll probably be on here tomorrow if you get stuck. Good luck!

well i had a look at it today and decided it wasnt for me, last thing i want to do is break anything! haha,
im going to get my mate to have a look at it as he has done this before, (only telling me today)
ill keep posted!!!

i had the same problem with mine. took the plastics off (very easy) vibration dissapeared. long story short, it was a gap between the speaker and the plastic cover vibrating against each other.

just incase.

Back