• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spec 2 v T1R

j

Banned
I need to replace all 4 tyres and I have not been able to find a review for the Yokohama Parada Spec 2 and the toyo T1R- which is what I have at the moment and am very happy with. :D

Has anyone tried the two. I would guess that the Toyo is better in the wet but what about the feel of the sidewall on the spec 2.

Thanks 8)

j said:
but what about the feel of the sidewall

feels like rubber :lol:

:getcoat:

I've got my 17's tyre'd up with Parada's, they'll be going on this weekend to replace my 18's with T1-R's.

I've heard good things about them, and in general they seem to be preferred over the Toyo's.

Hopefully they'll be the right choice, if not, at least they look pretty funky!

i couldnt decide on the two either but my mate with a scooby recommended with the wet weather coming up, he said i should go for the T1Rs, and maybe the Spec2 in the summer :twisted:

Got 2 T1r for £69 fitted each locally as well 8)

Elite in Essex £75 ish each for Toyos fitted. Anyone there on saturday

The Yoko's are stiffer than the Toyo and offer better dry grip. Wet grip is probably on par with the Toyo.

I had 2 sets of Spec 2 on my CTR after I couldn;t get hold of AVS sports. I loved em, but the Toyo's aren't bad either.

I'm using Yoko's & they've covered about 10,000 miles now & still going strong.

I rate them quite highly, sidewall is harder than the Toyo's but not as much as that of the Bridgestones.

Toyo's are the one's to go for in the wet, though the Yoko's are pretty good too.

In dry conditions the Yoko's are almost on a par with the Bridgestones.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fletch

Sixshot said:
Toyo's are the one's to go for in the wet, though the Yoko's are pretty good too.

In dry conditions the Yoko's are almost on a par with the Bridgestones.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fletch

Got to disagree mate. Yoko's leave the RE040's trailing in the dry. Mainly down to the amount of rubber in contact with the tarmac and the softer compound.

In the wet, I did find that pressures really counted and used to run 30/31 psi for best grip.

Thats said, we are all entitled to our own opinion and I respect yours as much as mine ;)

Which of the two are generally more expensive?

I'm thinking of changing all four of mine to the Spec 2s soon, 'cos I've never tried anything other than the standard Pots. :)

Has anyone gone from Toyos or Spec 2s, back to the Bridgestones? If so, can you explain why? TIA. :D

I have both :D Yokies on the DC5 and T1R's on the 888.

The T1R's are awesome in the wet and dry for me. Although I wold recomend running more PSI in them than stock.

Wheras the Spec 2's are better in the dry when warmed up but not as good in the wet.

I guess it depends on your driving style.

I bought the Toyos in the end. I stuck with what I know :lol:

For me the wet is when the unexpected happens, in the dry you can controle whats going on. :lol:

j said:

For me the wet is when the unexpected happens, in the dry you can controle whats going on. :lol:

BEst way mate. You're the one holding the steering wheel so YOU need to know what the car will do. but still toyo schmoyo :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingy said:
j said:

BEst way mate. You're the one holding the steering wheel so YOU need to know what the car will do. but still toyo schmoyo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoko poko nono :lol:

Anyone know what Dunlop Direzza Z1's are like in the wet :oops:

I guess at 275/35 ZR18 they will probably aquaplane :shock:

I swear by T1'Rs, had a set on the CTR and now have a set on the DC5, The missus also has them on her CTR now.

For the price I don't think you can get better than the t1-rs. On my second set now and I would defo recommend these as a first mod to any newbie owner. Its not just the performance of the tyres, but they are much safer on the roads than the RE040s in my opinion.

I have 3 T1-R's and one T1-S I think or maybe the other way about on the 18s I swapped and I gotta say im glad I have them in all this wet weather. Not been dry to test against the pots but so much more confident driving in this weather and expecially with snow round the corner.

SiKBoY said:
Anyone know what Dunlop Direzza Z1's are like in the wet :oops:

I guess at 275/35 ZR18 they will probably aquaplane :shock:

They should be ok, they are what Nomura runs on the Blitz R34 and you saw how wet the track was at Suzuka :lol:

Back