• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 special tool

Do you need a special tool to do the cam chain .
if so where can i get one and how much would it be .
Thanks Martin

What are you doing ? replacing the chain or are you doing the tensioner too.

If you are replacing the tensioner it is locked off with a small pin- it comes with one when you buy it. If your using your existing tensioner you will need a pin.

Also to make it very easy I recommend you lock off the cams so they don't move. To this on the right hand side of the cams as installed on the pulse plates there are a hole in each. When the cams are in the correct procedure you can slide a 4mm drill bit shaft through each pulse plate into the head to hold them in place,

Then as with any car find TDC on the crank on cylinder one ( long driver down the plug hole) and install the chain, start on the top of the the exhaust wheel over the intake cam and around the crank ( make sure it doesn't move!!! then back up towards the exhaust wheel past the tensioner.

Always install the chain this way as it keeps all the slack on the exhaust side where the tensioner is, when your ready pull the pin on the tensioner and the pitot will extend and take the tension . DO NOT PRELOAD THE TENSIONER.

I've got a low compression reading on cylinder 3 which I am getting investigated.
just hope it's nothing to worry about.

Back