• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Speed bleeder's

Has anyone ever installed these speed bleeder's on a car ?

Does anyone know the thread size of the bleed nipples? I've looked on lings parts & japancars.ru but neither have the thread size

I know this is an old thread, but thought that I'd reply rather than start another.

I fitted Goodridge valves today, at the same time as new hoses. They were M10 * 1.25.

I didn't like the thread sealant making it harder than a standard nipple to gauge when to stop turning. Resistance is increased after the first couple of threads have engaged. I thought that I had done up both the NSF and OSR tight enough, but when doing the next wheel I had to back track and tighten further.

I liked the speed and ease of getting air out of the system. The thread sealant must degrade, so how long this will last I don't know.

Having now looked at the Stahlbus in more detail, I can see the advantages. I'd probably consider the extra to be worth it if you expect to bleed your brakes frequently.

Back