• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Speed limiter question .....

Hi volks....

I bought a new daily driver.

a JDM Honda Fit GD3

How you remove the speed limter (180kmh) in the UK?

Cause for the Honda Fit only HKS made one wich is very expensive.

Maybe somebody have another idea how to remove it.

Thanks

If I remember correctly the speed limiter is effectively removed when the car is converted from KPH to MPH because the car won't reach those speeds in MPH. It's not really necessary to have aftermarket ones fitted then.
Additionally the UK doesn't have a lot of JDM Fits mostly DC5's, DC2's and EP3's and I imagine there are more options for these cars.

Hopefully someone else can help further.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly the speed limiter is effectively removed when the car is converted from KPH to MPH because the car won't reach those speeds in MPH. It's not really necessary to have aftermarket ones fitted then.
Additionally the UK doesn't have a lot of JDM Fits mostly DC5's, DC2's and EP3's and I imagine there are more options for these cars.

Hopefully someone else can help further.

Wish it was true, mines converted to MPH but the limiter is present at 112mph.

It can be removed, don't ask me how as I have no idea, but there are tuners who can remove it. Whether this is done by resetting or changing something on the OEM ECU, I honestly have no idea.

Most people, if not removed at import, will remove it by fitting a different ECU, most likely Hondata.

Sorry can't be much more help and that info I give isn't specific to the Fit but it might help.

Will a jazz or 'fit' do more than 112 anyway?

It's just a case of finding which wire is for the speed limiter, and cutting it. That's all, don't let tuners tell you any different.

Will a jazz or 'fit' do more than 112 anyway?

It's just a case of finding which wire is for the speed limiter, and cutting it. That's all, don't let tuners tell you any different.

yes

its a JDM Fit with the 1.5 Vtec L15a1 engine and 110hp

Back