• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

speedo bulbs

Morning All
One of my speedo bulbs had gone which i changed, but was wondering how Id go about changing the colour, Ive seen one image where they were blue which to be fair looked cool in my opinion, but from close looking at the speedo that there is like an orange film there. How would i go about making them different colour? I would like to either to make them blue or red.
Lucas

Speedometer Bulbs

Hello guys,

I do apologise if this topic has already been covered.

I own a EP3 and the speedometer bulb has blown on one side (100mph - 160mph) I was looking to take them all out and replace them with White bulbs instead of the standard orange looking.

How do I go about doing this? And what bulb sizes do I need? how many would I need? And lastly what type of bulb etc?

So many questions to cover but I just want to know what I'm ordering before i actually order it.

If someone can post an eBay item that is recommended! Thanks a bunch guys.

I've attached a picture of my speedometer to lessen the confusion..
4082c50f55ccda354df1c60905fc580b.jpg

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

Hello guys,

I do apologise if this topic has already been covered.

I own a EP3 and the speedometer bulb has blown on one side (100mph - 160mph) I was looking to take them all out and replace them with White bulbs instead of the standard orange looking.

How do I go about doing this? And what bulb sizes do I need? how many would I need? And lastly what type of bulb etc?

So many questions to cover but I just want to know what I'm ordering before i actually order it.

If someone can post an eBay item that is recommended! Thanks a bunch guys.

I've attached a picture of my speedometer to lessen the confusion..
4082c50f55ccda354df1c60905fc580b.jpg

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

All of the bulbs in the speedo/dash are clear bulbs. I replaced my bulbs a while ago and used these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-T...373504?hash=item43e23bb880:g:-ZUAAOxyOMdS3q2i
You just need to pull the old bulbs out of the black plastic bulb holders and replace with the new ones.

So after replacing them, did you still get the orange look as the end result?

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

Probably but when I had the front plastic cover off the needles look very fragile so I didn't try to remove them.

Back