• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Speedo (Rev / counter) flickering

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Just purchased a 2007 FD2 … Loving the drive of the car [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For me it was a big change … going back to a Honda after almost 8 years … Also after driving Subaru 4 WD (Turbo) it’s a big change…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyways, please let me know if anyone has a experienced a situation where the indicators i.e. Rev counter and all other indicators flickering … like a power serge … where the light “only” in the area get very bright and then back to normal … at the same time the rev meter / needle goes up and down …[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But the car runs fine …[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have sent my vehicle to check the electronics to see if there is a short or something else … my concern is that the issue was there as I bought the car… the dealer fixed it … and two weeks later its back again … [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any thoughts please?[/FONT]

Hi Janak, welcome to TRO.

Firstly there is an advice section to the site here so you may get more replies in there if the mods will move it for you.

Secondly is there any reason behind it flickering (i.e. when vtec kicks in) or is it just a constant/random occurance?

I wouldn't say it's a short circuit as you'd usually get all or nothing. Probably a bad connection somewhere, do you ever have any trouble starting the car or with any of the other electronics i.e. radio going louder and quieter?

if so it may be the battery, if not at least you know it's local to you dials.

Noted... Yeah i am hoping its something small ...

No issues with the radio... also got a brand new battery ... sold that option out...

Back