• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Split pipe !

Not sure what this part is / does. [Red outline]

But i have noticed that it has split and come away [Yellow arrow] from the adjacent upright pipe

Apologies for my 'primary school effort' highlighting the picture !

Engine.jpg

Answers on a postcard please, would be much appreciated !

Norro.

Not sure what it does to be honest.

Looks like it recirculates something back into the inlet pipe. Possibly from the fuel rail? I'm my phone and can't see where it comes from.

It connects to the inlet hose after the filter though so whatever it does it will be letting in unfiltered air.

Get it changed as soon as possible in my opinion.

Its a breather pipe. Mine split, went to TDi and they just stuck a bolt in the filter end and left the other end open. Its still open now.

Jeez that was hard to find.

E__1501.jpg

Part #18. "TUBE, AIR ASSIST IN."

Honda part number 36282-PNA-G00. £5.88

It allows air in/out from the intake pipe to the water pump outlet assembly or visa versa (#9).

Spot on what Tom said, you can block the hole at the intake pipe with a bolt and the breather will let in air in/out of the water pump outlet assembly like it should normally. Or you can get the part from Honda. Cheap fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic, cheers fellas. Off to Honda, Swindon tomorrow to get a part on order.

And Loxy, where do you get these exploded diagrams from ? I was looking for something similar to find out what this part was. Cheers.

Back