• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoiler/Water Leak

Opened the boot this morning was raining last night, and noticed water seeping through the plastic trims,I took off the Top plastic trim and water was just resting in the grooves, has anybody came across this before?
Any tips methods would be appreciated

It's usually the rear light seals but they're too low, maybe worth checking the high level brake light seals?

I think the seal at the base of the arial might be a possible suspect?

Wouldn't that show inside of the cabin for leaks
When i go to get my car washed the water from the pressure washer spraying under the spoiler and i see water seeping through and on to the Parcel Shelf

Ah right yeah that's me reading it wrong, for some reason I thought you meant into the cabin and not from the tailgate.

Mine was leaking past the mugen spoiler, it is partially bonded on so couldn't get it off to seal it. I ended up putting black rtv silicone in the gap between boot panel and spoiler. Worked a treat but not overly aesthetically pleasing!

I also put a small bead of silicone above the rear lights as I wasn't convinced it was totally fixed. No leaks since then, amazing what a bit of silicone can do! Haha.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I just poured abit of water over the spoiler area and water still seeping through
Are the spoiler bonded on the ep3 or does it come straight off by undoing 8 bolts?

Back