• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon B Pipe Arrived [Pics & Fitting Question] *NOW ON**

Well, my Spoon B Pipe arrived today :D

Would just like to say what an excellent service I received from Chris Albert of Holden Honda, Norwich. My number was passed onto him after I made an initial enquiry with ADH. I ordered the B Pipe by telephone Tuesday, had a brief chat about it with Chris Albert about it, he said he would check the contents of the box prior to posting to make sure all the bolts were enclosed etc..

Got home from work today (1 day after ordering) to find a nice big Spoon box waiting for me. Inside was an excellently packaged Spoon B pipe, fixings and the latest Spoon Brochure from ADH. :D

PC070257.jpg

PC070260.jpg

PC070261.jpg

PC070250_1.jpg

I am having it fitted this Friday, I am gonna be using it with the OE Backbox, as I want to keep it subtle and stealthy.

My questions are;

From the pictures, does it look like the bolt holes in the flange that meets the CAT have been elongated already (something I understand you have to do prior to fitting). They look like they have to me. I have read Spoon were gonna be 'rectifying' the B Pipe for the Euro market, and that ADH also mod the B Pipe themselves. Looks like this is the case either way with mine??

Also in the fittings bag, there is a collar and a metal ring, which I presume are to do with the connection to the back box. Does anyone know how these are used in the fitting, where abouts each part goes??

Any help appreciated :)

yes holes have been modded

fitting ring on the right of the picture goes between spoon and backbox, other ring must be for the other end

milano_chris said:
I never had those rings?

Bought the b-pipe and N1 at the same time, and got the bag of gaskets and springs. Can't remember which box it was in

Jon

Re: Spoon B Pipe Arrived [Pics & Fitting Question]

Gunn79 said:
I have read Spoon were gonna be 'rectifying' the B Pipe for the Euro market, and that ADH also mod the B Pipe themselves.

Unfortunately that bit about spoon modifying for the european market is a load of crap. Tom at Tgm said the same thing to me but when my new b-pipe arrived it was same as before. He then rang and checked with ssel and apparantly its not happening (yet?). As far as the holes being modified by ADH they may well modify them when they are fitting them but looking at your pic they havent done so. On a couple of the holes material needs to be removed from the inside edge, something that clearly hasnt happened to that b-pipe. Hope that clears everything up. 8)

Re: Spoon B Pipe Arrived [Pics & Fitting Question]

Fastgut said:
Gunn79 said:
I have read Spoon were gonna be 'rectifying' the B Pipe for the Euro market, and that ADH also mod the B Pipe themselves.

Unfortunately that bit about spoon modifying for the european market is a load of crap. Tom at Tgm said the same thing to me but when my new b-pipe arrived it was same as before. He then rang and checked with ssel and apparantly its not happening (yet?). As far as the holes being modified by ADH they may well modify them when they are fitting them but looking at your pic they havent done so. On a couple of the holes material needs to be removed from the inside edge, something that clearly hasnt happened to that b-pipe. Hope that clears everything up. 8)

They have been modified, he's done a really good job of that I have to say.

- Kevin.

Errm not wanting to get anyones blood up but that is exactly how my b-pipe appeared out of the box and the insides of the holes still needed to be ground out by quite a bit. They elongated the outside of the hole whereas the issue is with the inside edge of the holes nearest the actual pipe itself. 8)

**Post edited with more detail**

Had it fitted...

The B pipe went straight on, with no modification needed.

There is a deffinite difference in sound over the OE B pipe, a deeper slightly louder rumble blowing out of the tailpipe. When driving normally, the sound is there, but not at all intrusive like my Apexi Hayabusa system was.

Under harder acceleration, the sound difference is clearly noticeable over the OE B pipe. A much deeper, bellowing note, but not like the sound you get from a typical Jap exhaust. The sound is still akin to the factory note, just much improved upon from a petrol heads point of view

As for performance, higher in the Rpm range it seems a bit more free, which is especially noticeable in uphill drags through 3rd and 4th. It just seems to pull to the red line that bit quicker, Cant be sure if its quite as free as the Apexi system was tho, but its a damn sight quieter! I much prefer the 'stealth' of just the Spoon B pipe with OE back box.

**My only other Mod is a AEM CAI - so performance and sound may differe on other cars**

Gunn79 said:
Well, it was fitted Friday and went straight on without any need for modification.

Loving the deeper 'stock' note it gives, under load it sounds very 8) 8)

Feels a bit more free at top end rpm as well. :twisted:

I was thinking of doing this i.e with the OEM box but some peeps say there isn't much difference in sound. Can you let me know if there is any real difference in terms of sound and performance? I also don't want anything loud, I just want something "slightly" louder with a deeper note. Any performance gains would be a bonus! :D

Back