• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon B pipe EP3 help!!

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Need some advice.

I've finally got my hands on a spoon B-pipe! :twisted:

Only thing is that when I've opened it, at the end with the three bolts is this thing:
Dsc019501.jpg

It has holes in it for what look like the sensors that would go in the cat etc. Is this some sort of short decat?

I thought the end of the B-pipe with the three bolts went straight onto the cat (possibly with a bit of grinding needed for the UK EP3)?

The other end of this mystery pipe, with the card on, has a loose ring type bracket with two holes.

Help would be much appreciated as I've got it going in the garage in the morning and don't know whether I should whip this pipe off before I go...

Cheers in advance for replies!! :smt023

Yeah, thats a decat section, just unbolt and sell on if you don't want it. The triangular flange will mate up with your OEM CAT.

Yeah, thats a decat section, just unbolt and sell on if you don't want it. The triangular flange will mate up with your OEM CAT.

Nice one, cheers for that!

Would this be a straight replacement for the cat then? Bolt onto the mani?

Anyone any idea how much these would go for? Bit of a bonus then!! :lol::lol:

Nice one, cheers for that!

Would this be a straight replacement for the cat then? Bolt onto the mani?

Anyone any idea how much these would go for? Bit of a bonus then!! :lol::lol:

£50 plus del or so, don't fit it to your car unless you have Kpro.

£50 plus del or so, don't fit it to your car unless you have Kpro.

No worries, I'll probably sell it on to recoup some of the cost of the B-pipe.

Cheers for the swift replies! :D/

Just at the garage now getting it fitted. They've spent 30minutes grinding it so far and have had to go out for a new grinding bit as they've worn the original one out. It's costing £35 for cash!

Last edited by a moderator:
All fitted and done. It sounds absolutely amazing!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Deeper rumble on idle and a crackling rasp around 5-6k. I'll get some vids posted over the next few weeks to compare it to just the N1 I had before.

Took them an hour in the end and the lad looked absolutely shagg3d at the end!

The decided not to go with the decat, so it's now in the for sale section so someone else can benefit from it!!

Nice one Bud it really makes a difference doesnt it fitting the B-Pipe. How loud is the exhaust now you have the N1 and B-Pipe?

Nice one Bud it really makes a difference doesnt it fitting the B-Pipe. How loud is the exhaust now you have the N1 and B-Pipe?

It's about the same really, until you hit V-Tec. So you can keep a lid on it round town. It sounds like a jap touring car!

What took so long? :eek:

The B-pipe is designed for the JDM cars so if you've got an Integra or a JDM Civic you're OK!!

It'll fit on the UK CTR but not without some work as I found out!! :D

The guy was making the bolt holes bigger because they don't line up on the UK cars. He was trying to do it a bit at a time then he didn't cut too much out! :rolleyes:

Still worth every penny and well pleased that I splashed the cash!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The B-pipe is designed for the JDM cars so if you've got an Integra or a JDM Civic you're OK!!

It'll fit on the UK CTR but not without some work as I found out!! :D

The guy was making the bolt holes bigger because they don't line up on the UK cars. He was trying to do it a bit at a time then he didn't cut too much out! :rolleyes:

Still worth every penny and well pleased that I splashed the cash!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ah I see, yes he had to open up the holes a little, the B-pipe is actually a DC5 item but as the EP3 and DC5 have the same B-pipe then they both fit. But yes you are right regarding the CAT fitment on UK cars :smt023

Nice threads! Especially liked the 18 pager!

Just one question, why did you get rid of the J's racing ETD? I'm beginning to think about taking my spoon one off. I don't have a mani yet so no real need for it, but it does make a difference to the engine note. But then again it also rattles about like a baby's toy at times and can bong on aggressive gear shifting...

Nice threads! Especially liked the 18 pager!

Just one question, why did you get rid of the J's racing ETD? I'm beginning to think about taking my spoon one off. I don't have a mani yet so no real need for it, but it does make a difference to the engine note. But then again it also rattles about like a baby's toy at times and can bong on aggressive gear shifting...

I sold it when I sold the Teg.

Bet the mechanic didn't have to bend a bit of metal out of the way to stop it vibrating.

That's what you get for buying a fake DC5 I suppose.

I've missed that did you get stung on something Jermal?

Back