• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon ECU not working on DC5

sorry to post this twice. i did orignaly post this on an old thread in the red R section, but it wasnt showing in the new posts so didnt think it would get noticed.

I have bought a Spoon ECU and fitted it today. When i went to start the car, the starter motor turned over but engine would not start. It was fine with original ECU so guessed it was an issue with the immobiliser. I understand that for a S2000 you have to take a spur off a green and yellow wire (pin 15) and ground it too the chassis.

Does anybody know if this method would work with a pre facelift DC5?

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks in advance

Spoon ECU is a waste of time on the DC5, it is designed for race cars and not road cars.

Just been informed from where i got it from, that it was from a facelift dc5 and mine is a pre facelift. If i knew that at first i would of left it.

I could probably find a way to bypass the immobiliser but not gonna bother. May aswel get money back and save for k100

Back