• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Lowered Seat Rails Fitted (pics)

Received some drivers and passengers Spoon lowered seat rails today, s/h from another forum member, so fitted them this evening;

P1000237.jpg

Passenger Side Only Fitted;

P1000240.jpg

P1000242.jpg

Both Sides Fitted;

P1000247.jpg

These rails lower the seat by approx. 5cm - Unfortunately its hard to tell this from the pictures, but is very evident once you are sitting in them. Only went for a quick blast up to the end of my lane and back, but the position and feeling is good, especially the gear change. Just gotta get used to the less visibility of the car when parking etc... and the fact people will think a munchkin is driving LOL!

Is there any benefit to these or is it cosmetic?

Looks good anyways the recaros look in great nick:cool:

Is there any benefit to these or is it cosmetic?

Looks good anyways the recaros look in great nick:cool:

For me, changing from a DC2 to a DC5, the DC5 seating position felt a little high, so its more of a positional benefit for myslef. You could argue the Spoon rails are also lighter, and offer a lower center of gravity :lol:

They do look low....amazing how much difference they make even from a visual stand point.

I bet it feels great to sit in now, although as you say overall visability must be a mare now :lol:

I have these on my bucket seats, sit on the bloody floor :lol: Their great though :cool:

Exacly what i am after for my EP3 but not sure if they will fit on the Standard face-lift seats?

as far as i'm aware, the Spoon lower seat rail only fit recaro seats ie JDM/ 30AE/ Premier Seats - Standard ( grey/black or black/ red inserts) seats cants be used as the seat mechanism (sp) are all fitted together.

HTH

as far as i'm aware, the Spoon lower seat rail only fit recaro seats ie JDM/ 30AE/ Premier Seats - Standard ( grey/black or black/ red inserts) seats cants be used as the seat mechanism (sp) are all fitted together.

HTH

Spot on dude:cool:

They do look low....amazing how much difference they make even from a visual stand point.

I bet it feels great to sit in now, although as you say overall visability must be a mare now :lol:

i heard you had to sit on a few cushions in your DC5 Lee?

Emailed already.. I see you got the link from CTRO and also searched the site.. shhhhh

Back