• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon N1 Backbox Replica - Help

No problem it just arrived yesterday, and just ordered my 2.5" Unsilenced B-Pipe also, will let you know how they sound as soon as they are on with possible a video.

mine just arrived this morning! Wont be fitting it for a few weeks yet though cos I want to get the car test out of the way. Where did you buy the b-pipe cmcniff?

Bought the Sportex pipe £70 delivered to me here in Crossmaglen.

So all in my exhaust system has cost me just over £200, and a fella beside my has his same exhaust set-up pushing 250BHP.

Its a 2.5" pipe and at the end of the day a pipe is a pipe and its given a 2 year warranty so why pay over the odds for supersprint or Spoon just because its stainless steel and will last longer than 5 years, as I wont even have my car that long.

Cool yeh i'd love to hear a video - had a genuine n1 on my EK but the prices seem to have gone up nowadays! I imagine if they used the same dimensions it would be the same!

Bought the Sportex pipe £70 delivered to me here in Crossmaglen.

So all in my exhaust system has cost me just over £200, and a fella beside my has his same exhaust set-up pushing 250BHP.

Its a 2.5" pipe and at the end of the day a pipe is a pipe and its given a 2 year warranty so why pay over the odds for supersprint or Spoon just because its stainless steel and will last longer than 5 years, as I wont even have my car that long.

Is this it - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-2-0-2001-2006-SPORTEX-EXHAUST-PERFORMANCE-RACE-PIPE-/271024530531?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1a522463#ht_1365wt_1270

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool yeh i'd love to hear a video - had a genuine n1 on my EK but the prices seem to have gone up nowadays! I imagine if they used the same dimensions it would be the same!

If you pm me your email address I have an audio clip from when I had sportex and n1 rep

No as its only a 2.0" Pipe whereas the sportex is 2.5" piping.

Only reason its dearer is because stainless steel costs more and lasts longer, but can you see yourself keeping the same car for 5 years?

just out of interest, what if any kind of bhp gains can I expect from the spoon n1 rep?

Just the tail pipe probably little

The centre pipe is the biggest restriction on oem system

I dyno'd 207bhp with hondata airbox and Twinloop exhaust

Back