• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

spoon n1 catback exhaust

Hi im thinking of buying a spoon back box and b pipe probaly second hand, i have a 2005 ep3 its not a jdm , What would i need to make the b pipe fit ? Would i need to decat the car ? Thanks

Who is it who do the spoon N1 replica for £100? It's supposed to be a perfect copy. I want one.

Jp performance or something why get a copy ? You get what you pay for get a second hand geniune spoon and it will be better than the rep

Because the copy will be made of inferior metals and have welds that are nowhere near as good as a genuine Spoon. I had the N1 and the quality is superb, the welds were absolutely spot on, it looked as good the day I sold it as the day if first got it.

Kpro or k100 along with a decat manifold and then a map.

why would he need engine management in order to fit a catback system :confused:

Who is it who do the spoon N1 replica for £100? It's supposed to be a perfect copy. I want one.

its not a perfect copy at all, its nowhere near in fact.

Why would it be better than the rep? Look at tegiwas gruppe m copy. Its great.

apples and oranges. its not the same. the Spoon is much higher quality and actually smaller.
there isnt much great about the tegiwa GM copy either.

@josh sparkes

a spoon catback will fit on your standard UKDM ep3. the flange where the pipe with the cat meets the b-pipe is a little different to the EP3 as it is designed for the DC5
you may find that if second hand and previously ran on an EP3 that it will be a straight fit. if not, then any decent exhaust fitter should be able to modify it to fit as the holes just need widening a little.

you do not need engine management to fit a cat back exhaust to your car.

if you plan on removing the standard manifold and replacing it with a race manifold, this will remove the cat and require a custom map to get the most out of it.

Tegiwanks copy M is nowhere near the quality of the real thing. The amount of people who have had pieces missing, complain about the fit, complain about it being noisy etc. is an ever growing list. My Gruppe M had no missing parts, it fit perfectly, I never had any issues with things like strut braces or any knocking or rubbing noises. If you buy cheap you end up buying twice. I've just noticed a thread pointing out a defect on one of the Spoon copies, you'd never get that on a real one.

Yeah copys are hit and miss but i bought a genuine gruppe m and after comparing it to the tegiwa i wish i saved the extra and got an frsu.
Copys arent always lower quality 90% of the time you pay for the name..... MUGEN springs to mind with its rear wing over a grand. One word SEIBON

Back