• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Related Question re My Custom

Ok I posted this yesterday on the other site and didnt get a response so I thought I would try my luck again.

I'm getting a custom exhaust from the cat back in a few weeks and the guy is building it to the spoon race specs he has. This means a 2.5" bore and a 2 box silencer system.

I have been in a 2.5" unsilenced system and that was just too much for daily driving. I have also been in a 2" inch unsilenced system, with a dc manifold and I was happy with how that sounded.

So my question is, how loud will the spoon system be in comparison?

Cheers for any replies

Terry

I had a Topgear unsilenced system which was about twice the volume of the Spoon N1 and B-Pipe I replaced it with, I doubt it will be very loud, but will probably be slightly louder then the Spoon IMO but its hard to try and judge.

Yeah I know mate.

Is your b pipe now silenced? The guy younger guy said I will be able to live with it on the motorway whereas the older guy is saying its too much - but then I would expect that. Ill just need to get it toned down if I feel its too much

TerryCTR said:
Yeah I know mate.

Is your b pipe now silenced? The guy younger guy said I will be able to live with it on the motorway whereas the older guy is saying its too much - but then I would expect that. Ill just need to get it toned down if I feel its too much

The Spoon B-Pipe is silenced mate, the N1 and the B-Pipe are not very loud imo and easy to live with, if the system your getting is similar it should be fine. The problems occur when you add add a race header or de-cat this will make the system almost twice as loud and is usually too loud for most.

Back