• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Sports Europe

Well I ordered an oil filler cap and a type D radiator cap for my EP3 three weeks ago (which were supposedly in stock). Being patient person I waited two weeks for any deliveries. Nothing came so I checked the order status on the website, "Processing". Brilliant, email sent. Oil filler cap in stock, radiator cap out of stock... waited another week (Today being the third week) nothing delivered again not even a email. Checked order status again, "Processing". Well that just about got my back up, email sent again with orders to cancel the order and refund my money. Not only that, but the distribution centre is only 40 miles away! I could have gone myself to buy them. I'm not too happy at the moment, so I was just wondering if anyone else had had the same experiences as I have just had with Spoon Sports Europe?

Yeah I was thinking that myself. Thought a bit of engine bay bling wouldn't go a miss, but seeing as the CTR is completely standard, I'm not sure where to start with mods.

Induction kit is a good way to start. AEM long ram or v2 or whatever it's called is a good start.

Well the price I paid for the two caps I might as well put it towards an induction kit, would love a Gruppe M but the price of a new one is just over the top for me. I'll have a look around. Thanks Sikboy, much appreciated.

For the low cost, the best thing you can do to an EP3 is buy a set of decent springs, camber bolts and arms + full geo. MUCH better money spent and much more difference over an induction kit that does nothing except make a nice noise now and again.

For the low cost, the best thing you can do to an EP3 is buy a set of decent springs, camber bolts and arms + full geo. MUCH better money spent and much more difference over an induction kit that does nothing except make a nice noise now and again.

I agree and disagree at the same time. The induction kit will put a smile on your face every time you hit VTEC. The springs and FRSU will definitely improve the handling of the car and is essential if your planning on doing any track days.

I'd best sit down and have a long hard think about the direction I want to go. Im all for handling set up and chassis stiffning. It was one of my first choices to go for, but after driving the car for a couple of months, she handles fine standard.

I'd best sit down and have a long hard think about the direction I want to go. Im all for handling set up and chassis stiffning. It was one of my first choices to go for, but after driving the car for a couple of months, she handles fine standard.

That's what you think now ;)

FRSU over induction all day for me.

The car has enough power and makes a great noise out of the factory, the chassis though responds well to a more focused geometry and a subtle drop in ride height.

Throwing it into roundabouts will make you grin with glee all year round.

Sorry if this kind of got off topic to anyone who is reading this, good job it got moved here :lol:. Well, I previously owned a 1.8 N16 Almera Sport which I lowered. That was a bit poor in the power (114bhp) and handling department. So going from that to an EP3 was a big leap in overall performance for me. I guess I'm just waiting to get bored of the way the car handles, so that I can really start to look at ways of getting the most out of it. I've read about owners going down the forced induction route, but in my opinion that completely defies the point of having vtec, but then again its down to how much power you want really. I do like the idea of setting up the chassis in preparation for the engine modifications. I'm going to save the pennies for a few months and see what the new year brings. Thanks for the input guys.

Seems like Spoon have now stopped playing with themselves and are now on the ball. Had an email received saying the items will be shipped today, and be here by the end of the day. Express delivery or what!

Seems like Spoon have now stopped playing with themselves and are now on the ball. Had an email received saying the items will be shipped today, and be here by the end of the day. Express delivery or what!

They may well read these boards.

I know I would if I was a major Honda tuner.

Completely agree with you there. I'm sure they have people scouting around forums searching for their brand name and reading the comments. You'd be daft not to!

Back