• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Ti polish

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
My knob is starting to look a little rough, with minor scratches on it here and there. I was wondering if it's possible for these to be removed while keeping the Ti blue finish on it?

My knob is starting to look a little rough, with minor scratches on it here and there. I was wondering if it's possible for these to be removed while keeping the Ti blue finish on it?

Any polishing on the blue areas will take the blue areas straight off dude. You could always reheat it to oxidse some colour back into it after, but it can be a bit hit and miss to get it the right colours.

I might see if there a Ti expert close to me and see what they'd charge.

I might see if there a Ti expert close to me and see what they'd charge.

I heat treated the OEM Ti knob on the DC2, and that's a billet knob so a bit harder to control the heat IMO but you should be able to do it with a butane torch with the knob spinning on the end of a drill to get an even heat. Most Ti engineering firms i've spoken to have no idea with regards to heating for colour so they might not be able to help but worth a go.

Man, I'd end up burning my flat down. :lol:

I remember your DC2 knob, looked awesome.

You're more than welcome to send it down here and i'll give it a go if you want? Can't make any promises on the outcome though :lol:
Yeah I think I will, I've got a standard one arriving soon so as soon as that's fitted I'll pop the Spoon in the post.

Man, I'd end up burning my flat down. :lol:

I remember your DC2 knob, looked awesome.

Original thread

however, looks way nicer (and somewhat diff) to the original to how i got it

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Back