• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon'd up!

Had my Spoon Springs and JDM ARB fitted today along with the camber adjuster bolts.

Big Thumbs up to Tom @ TGM and his crew for doing a fantastic job. Unfortunately wet roads and worn out Potenza's meant I couldn't experiment :twisted:

Bazzer said:
Had my Spoon Springs and JDM ARB fitted today along with the camber adjuster bolts.

Big Thumbs up to Tom @ TGM and his crew for doing a fantastic job. Unfortunately wet roads and worn out Potenza's meant I couldn't experiment :twisted:

Bazzer, do you need the camber adjuster bolts with the Spoon then?
Can you tell me how much it was please?
I got Spoon springs to fit too, was planning on having a pop this WE, and arent sure if the bolts are mandatory or not.

Thanks.

There not mandatory mate but adviseable. Without them, you'll just get whatever camber the Springs give you which could be way out due to the fact the car is lowered 20mm about a fixed point.

My tyres wore evenly throughtout before fitting the Springs so the camber and tracking must have been pretty good. However, since having this done, the handling has been transformed. The turn in is sharper, the road holding is much better, and I seem to get less tramlining. Feels better on the brakes too. I'm well impressed to say the least.

It cost me £315 to have the Springs fitted and get the camber adjuster bolts fitted followed by 4 wheel laser alignment. This doesn't include the cost of the Springs, as I already had them.

The down side is the ride is a little harsher (to be expected) and the springs are a little noisy but nothing to worry about. You can't hear it over the stereo. I suspect its will settle down once the springs have settled themselves.

The camber adjusters are very advisable.

I fitted the spoon springs to the DC5 and it made the rear tyres wear pretty badly on the insude.

Once the adjusters were fitted the handling was so much sharper it's unbelievable! Plus the tyre wear evenly now too which is always good too 8)

Thinkit cost around the £160 mark for the adjusters (front & back) plus 4 wheel allignment and set up.

Best money i've ever spent on my car 8)

Thanks for your replies guys,

I'll have a go at fitting the Spoons this weekend and I'll book the car to TGM for when I can get a day off then...

I hope they'll have the race cars there! :wink:

type_r_lover said:
Thanks for your replies guys,

I'll have a go at fitting the Spoons this weekend and I'll book the car to TGM for when I can get a day off then...

I'm sure they'll have something there - When I was there last week they were prepping a DTM Astra :shock:

Never seen so much Carbon Fiber in my life :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds execellent Bazzer. Getting mine fitted at the ADH Type-R day on 1st July.

Think I'll have a visit upto Tom at TGM afterwards for camber adjusters, as mine wears the rears on the insides anyway, and weren't bad enough for Honda to fix under warranty :cry:

type_r_lover said:

Oh yes and lots of them :wink: Toms car was in the garage next to the ramps which mine was on. He may have just finished cleaning off the drool marks by now :lol:

Back