• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

sportex b pipe

First of all hello new to this forum. Had an ep3 type r about a month now. It has a hks hi power muffler and induction kit.
I am considering buy a sportex unsilenced race pipe.
Just wondering if it will be compatible with the muffler and how hard/easy they are to fit.

cheers,
Joe.

I have one and even though the purests out there say they are not so good and you should go for a super sprint, I personally think it's great. It's cheap and does the job absolutely fine.

Now fitting could be a pain depending on the age of your car. I fitted mine to a 10 year old ep3 and it was a pain in the bum. The bots had to be grinded and heated to be removed but once the oem b pipe was removed and the new one fitted I wouldn't go back and it's also there for future gains as it will not restrict the system at all.

I'm sure others will have an opinion too mate.

Hks hi power is a cat back system and you cant fit any other centre pipe to the back box due to the bends in the b pipe, even if you could fit the sportex b pipe you would be down grading the exhaust . Hks already has a performance centre pipe so there is no need for the sportex

Thanks, only just bought it and with it saying hi power "muffler" i assumed it was just the back box. Will leave it be and save some pennies :)
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks, also an induction kit fitted but no idea what make. Will upload pics tmoz any input appreciated.
Joe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back