• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sports cat vs Oem cat

Had a search for this but unfortunately due to the common wording of cat and the fact it's three letters I couldn't flag anything up.

Question is does a sports cat need mapped since it seems we can pick them up for pennies and the fact that I don't really fancy shelling out a bomb for a new header and cat as the bolts and actual flanges of my cat have decided to rust/weld/make sweet, sweet love to my b pipe and doesn't want to let it go lol.

unless one of you heroes in disguise could help me out with an Oem cat in return for haribo and sexual favours? :D

P.S. Japspeed manifold will be for sale one I can get lovely OEM parts back on.

Ask Walkden, he's just bought my ep3 and I gave him my OEM manifold and CAT with it.

As for mapping required for a sports cat, I would say yes, it is required.

A word of warning though, from reading various threads on here... Most have still found it difficult to meet emissions test with a sports cat.

Ah perfect man, I'll send him a pm, I would actually prefer the OEM mani and cat at this moment in time simply because I have a lack of funds for mapping and by the time I had my Oem exhaust off it was too late to turn back through lack of gaskets and needing the car for work.

If you are still after a race manifold with a sports cat, we have a group buy in the GROUP BUY section.
There are some graphs of power with this manifold.

I agree with Hazz, remapping would be sensible with a sports cat. From what I have seen, a 400cell sports cat in the original position will pass emissions tests, providing it is not cold and that it is in good condition. It will not pass emissions tests if it is relocated further back in the exhaust, due to lower operating temperatures.

If you are aiming for significant power gains; firstly you have picked the wrong car (lols, welcome to tuning Hondas), and secondly you will be unlikely to achieve much without a decat and serious money.

I can't see myself ever removing the OEM manifold and cat. I like my cars to be road legal, I don't have significant disposable income, and power tuning K20s is like trying to sell condoms in a lesbian bar.....

Oh, I forgot to say, if you happen to find an EP3 in a scrap yard around the central belt, please let me know! I will of course do the same. That's probably the cheapest way of getting an OE mani and cat, unless you get lucky on here!

Back