• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spring in my seat squeaking

I have a squeak from one of the springs in my seat. It has been doing this for a while and is really starting to annoy me , what is the best way of sorting this out? I have used the search button and cant seem to find anything on this any thoughts welcome.

Wee bit of oil perhaps? Failing that...

31EWRB6G0YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
om nom nom

When i had my EP3 my passenger seat had the same problem, took it to the dealers and then changed out the wole seat base for me. (Under warranty)

If you have warranty left then taht may be your solution

How many springs are there? Do they detach from the main frame easy enough (to see how the seat looks/feels with 1 spring omitted) ?

You might have to undo the seat from the floor but that`s only 4 bolts. 17 or 19mm IIRC

Seat came out nice & easy, as for fixing the problem not so easy could feel exactly where i needed to get to but didnt want to start tearing up my seat. Next service (jan) will ask honda how much it would cost to sort out.

cheeky git im only 9 stone, Do love burgers though! If its expensive will just have to put up with it. It was last on my list after suspension knocking, springs clanging also stearing rack creaking and parcel shelf creaking all these others now fixed.

You could always try a breaker for the bottom half of the seat..no idea how they are fixed together though :confused:

when i took the seat off you could see how the bottom fixes on definetly do'able, but would a breakers yard sell just the bottom part of a seat?surely they would want to sell it as a whole seat!

cheeky git im only 9 stone, Do love burgers though! If its expensive will just have to put up with it. It was last on my list after suspension knocking, springs clanging also stearing rack creaking and parcel shelf creaking all these others now fixed.
what was the steering rack problem? mines started to have a little creak if i turn at a stand still but is fine whilst moving, wasn't sure if it was that or something else :confused:

cheers for the reply mate, it doesn't sound like mine is steering rack after reading the links, it almost sounds like its coming from behind the wheels, like a ball joint or something? anyone else had this sound :confused:

Back