• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

spring virgin

;)... recently had a thread on here about what order to mod my ctr in and general opinions point to new springs and lowering to start.....cant find the thread anymore so im usin this new one....Basically ive never had this done to any of my cars before so am lookin for some advice.... with regards to my ep3 whats a good set of springs to go for and what kinda price should i be lookin to pay? also being from scotland does anyone know a place i could have this done as i dont want to **** about with it myself due to being an idiot :confused:....
cheers for your time.....out of curiosity would these be a good buy ? http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalog...l2=FULL+COILOVER+KITS&level3=&id_product=2554
or is that overkill ?

Depends how low you want it to sit mate, most ppl will say go for the spoons/teins which lower 20mm front and 15mm rear I think. The eibachs lower 25mm front and 20mm rear. I opted for the abp springs as they lower 35mm all round and the fastroad setup.

Like I mentioned before go to John at Pro Grip in Bonnybridge for fitting the springs and ther fast road work. Top job and a very good price

i remember u replied but i was in a rush to get to work and when i came back in tonight i couldnt find the thread anymore :D doh.. dont know how low i want it to sit tbh i just want the handling benefits but still being capable to negotiate speed bumps without rippin the **** out of ma car.. did u get yer springs online then take them to pro grip or did u just order through them ?

20mm rear, 25mm front, tein springs

b924_3.jpg

where abouts in scotland u fae m8? i is a dumbarton bloke but moved up to bo,ness bout 8 month ago now.... take it thats your baby in the pic ? know any place to get a good deal on the tein ?

i remember u replied but i was in a rush to get to work and when i came back in tonight i couldnt find the thread anymore :D doh.. dont know how low i want it to sit tbh i just want the handling benefits but still being capable to negotiate speed bumps without rippin the **** out of ma car.. did u get yer springs online then take them to pro grip or did u just order through them ?

I just ordered my springs from abp and I did a group buy for the rear cambers and front bolts - John can get you these tho but not as cheap.

Try dcdezign for the cambers and bolts and maybe some springs they are alot cheaper than most places

im still a little confused with this..to make things simpler im looking to get a good suspension set up and am happy to spend around 1,000 for it.. any suggestions?is it worth goin for the full overhaul ?

AST for the win yo.... there is a group buy on the group buy section, you spend about a grand and get 1300 worth of kit. Or there abouts.

AST for the win yo.... there is a group buy on the group buy section, you spend about a grand and get 1300 worth of kit. Or there abouts.

That doesn't include camber adjusters though so those would need to be factored in to the cost

sounds pretty good. i assume i can have them delivered to me up here in scotland? and will be able to take them and get them fitted. on the topic or rear camber adjusters can u get them from there also and how much they add to the cost?

Back