• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Springs

Looking at Tein springs for my CTR, some views on these would be great, I had them on the mk4 golf and my brother in law has them on the glanza. I think they are fine but any advise on a better choice much appreciated.

Spoon & Eibach progressive springs both seem to get good feedback from owners. I'm not sure if the Teins are progressive so I guess it's down to weather or not you want a more comfortable ride when not pushing.
For me the Spoons' are on my wish list, but do a search as there are numerous threads on the subject.

Spoon & Eibach progressive springs both seem to get good feedback from owners. I'm not sure if the Teins are progressive so I guess it's down to weather or not you want a more comfortable ride when not pushing.
For me the Spoons' are on my wish list, but do a search as there are numerous threads on the subject.

I had both (Spoon on my JDM EP3 and DC5) and Eibachs on my UKDM CTR.

I loved the spoons and would recommend them.

Ride height with Spoon Springs.

2009-08-25_17-12-22_250820091354.jpg

2009-08-25_17-13-32_250820091357.jpg

Eibachs.

DSC02597.jpg

f83dc8ab.jpg

I miss those cars :cool:

I got Teins, very nice indeed. I have had Eibachs on my VX220, I now have them on my BMW 325Ci M Sport which are also good.

Unit 8 in Darwen, Lancs are usually competitive on the price, I think they were quoting around the 220 mark.

how much is a good price to have these fitted? are the spoon springs 25mm drop?

If it's just the springs I'm not sure, but I was quoted around 550 for spoon springs, D2 ARB's and FRSU.
I was also quoted 650 from another reputable garage but with JDM ARB's.
Yeah Spoons are a 25mm drop.
Where are you? If you want I can PM you the number for Unit 8 if you want to get a quote. They are in Darwen near Blackburn.

Just noticed your in Lowestoft (East coast) not sure who's best bet round there. I'm sure someone will post some reputable places to try.

cheers bud, but yea im a fair way from blackburn :)

My friend used to work for honda so hoping he might be able to hook me up.

Is it recommended that if i lower 25mm to get the camber changed etc? i would prefer not to as i have not got the money to chuck about.

cheers bud, but yea im a fair way from blackburn :)

My friend used to work for honda so hoping he might be able to hook me up.

Is it recommended that if i lower 25mm to get the camber changed etc? i would prefer not to as i have not got the money to chuck about.

Ditto I'm waiting until christmas is out of the way, but the list of mods I want to get done keeps getting longer and longer.
After wheel refurb this is what I'm getting done next, apparently it's the most cost effective handling / performance mod you can do.

Must be that salty sea air but mine are so flakey now they've become an embarrassment :smt089

i have an mr2 roadster as well and the wheels are terrible! I love cleaning my cars but hate when i do the wheels haha. soul destroying!

Back