• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeaky Clutch?

Hi guys, a horrendous squeak/creak has developed when I press/depress the clutch. I've previously had the squaky noise insde the cabin, and just sprayed some lubricant on the fork and cylinder entry. Now however, the noise is ten times louder and sounds like its coming from the other side of the bulkhead, inside the bay.

Could it be the clutch slave cylinder, and if so does anyone know the cost of part plus fitment roughly? I have had some stiff gear changes (only 3 times in nearly a year though) which leads me to believe that the clutch will want replacing at some point. I get the impression though that this squeak is unrelated.

Any advice appreciated! :(

Sounds like the master cylinder dude, my FN2 had the same squeak. Had it replaced under warranty, problem solved!

in the same boat mate ! mine is really loud inside and out cant hear it when engine is on tho so not to bothered but a quick fix would be nice any one:D

Cheers guys. Mine started (and is on off, prob dependent on outside temp and humidity) as just internal, basically the fork or the slave cylinder. When I can be bothered a bit of lithium grease from a can sorts it.

The other day though it was fantastically loud and was ncoming from outside the car. I thin skeletonops might might be on to something with the master cylinder.

Should have mentioned, its an 04 plate, but I've still got 4 months Honda (un)happiness warranty left. Pretty sure clutch stuff aint coverd in it though, have to find out. It went away the next day anyway so I'll ignore it for a bit and see what happens.

Cheers

Yeah I doubt the clutch will still be covered on an 04 dude, but as you say, need to find out.
Mine was intermittent at first, usually only first thing in the morning, but gradually got worse and worse so sounds like a carbon copy of my fault mate!

Back