• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeaky/grinding noise at low speed.

When driving at low speeds there is a squeaky grinding noise coming from the underside of my EP3, I can’t tell if it’s front or back. It only starts above about 10mph and I can’t hear it above about 45mph.

I thought it was just the break pads getting low but the sound doesn’t change when I brake or apply the hand brake, unlike in the past went the pads were worn.

I’m now thinking it might be a wheel bearing.

I can’t get the car looked at this week and I need to use the car everyday so just wondering how much further damage I might be doing to the car?

Glad you managed to track it down. Wasn't it obvious from the smell after a drive though? :(

Glad you managed to track it down. Wasn't it obvious from the smell after a drive though? :(

No smoke, no smell. Later in the day of my first post I could feel that on the offending corner the brake disk was hot though. Guess I caught it early.

Back