• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeaky seats

Hi all, I have fitted some anniversary recaros to my civic and the drivers one squeaks. The drivers or squeaks a little when u get in and out but I love how they look and feel.. I don't suppose there's a way to get rid of the sqeak is there? I have tightened all the bolts but it sounds like it's coming from just under the seat base.. Any ideas? Thanks all, lee

I have this noise also from my Premier Recaro's but once I am in doesn't make the squeaks any-more, I'd love to know if there was a cure. Also I have a rubber vent missing from rear of the passenger seat, anybody know if you can get a replacement?

I thinks from the base of the seat. The plastic part under te seat base. I'm finding out from Honda how much a new one is And will hope that fixes it

I thinks from the base of the seat. The plastic part under te seat base. I'm finding out from Honda how much a new one is And will hope that fixes it

IIRC i know this sounds stupid they are about £700 (the seat base) i really can't remember for sure though.

I inquired about it myself , when i rang up Honda the guy sounded embarassed when he told me.

I said to him are you joking? he promptly said "no im am not" i said "cheers, im going to a scrapper to get one" enquired with a scrap yard but they want to sell you a whole seat.

I just learned to live with the noise....

Lol a fair point. I'll do some enquiring and take it from there. I didn't get a chAnce to ring Honda today. Another job for tomorrow!

Back