• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeal driving me nuts.

I had a squeal which was coming from the drivers side front wheel,so after checking the pads,the outer pad had nothing left on it but the inner pad with the pad indicator had a load left:confused:
The discs were also badly ridged around the outer edge so decided to replace the discs and pads.
Made sure new pads moved nice and free,cleaned retainers,used copper slip everywhere put the car up on axl stands so both front wheels were up in the air and put it into 1st gear.The left wheel rotated freely but the right wheel was stuttering then coming to a stop.Sorted it so both wheels rotating ok but i have still got the squeal,comes after driving for about 5 minutes first with a small squeek just as i touch the brake pedal then after that i get it all the time more so when i steer to the right.Even when down to a crawl it is one long slow screech.:oops:
Checked for play on the wheel for the possibilty that it could be the wheel bearing but everything solid.I have had the front wheel off now at least 6 times checking and double checking but cannot figure it out whats going wrong.Help:(

I had the same probelm..tried everything..ended up to be a stone that fell out eventually after miles of driving..dont know where it was stuck..

Back