• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeek when I'm pulling off

No....for once I am being serious....

Jo(my wife) called me the the other day and said there is a noise comeing from the car, sure enough when I got home and pulled off in my CTR(behave) there was some kind of squeek that sounded like it came from the steering colum or maybe beyond the dash????

Drove the car straight to Honda South Croydon....they were gr8...took me for a test drive but no noise :? they took it sraight back to the work shop and it was up on the ramp with 3 tec's checking the lot 8) they tightend the struts and done many other checks as we watched from the veiwing bay 8)

Anyway I drove the car yesterday and thought the steering wheel was turned more to the right than usual (car drives straight though & don't pull when breaking or removing hands from wheel):?: Jo just called me and said the noise just came back.... :evil:

Any Idea's????

Thanks

Russ

Dynax said:

I thought that....but it is not slipping even when you stick you foot down in 6th @ 20 MPH......or pulling off in 3rd.....I thought it may be the steering rack.....I know CTR's have a few prob's in that area.....It's a cross between a squeek and a grind if that makes any sense....you can seem to feel it on the steering wheel

I seem to have something like this. Happens generally first thing in morning or after its left for a while.

Tends to happen maily in first gear on pull off only. give it about ten minutes then the noise has gone.

Had the same experience with my honda dealer. Will have to leave it there for a few days, as they will not do anything with it since they cannot replicate it... bah!!

More than likely the steering rack, common problem and sorted by warrantee I believe, think there was a Honda bulletin.

I am booking her in Monday....thanks for the feed back will let you know what they say :wink:

got warranty till September so it's all good 8)

Thanks again

Russ

Russfool said:
I am booking her in Monday....thanks for the feed back will let you know what they say :wink:

Thanks again

Russ

I would say thats your safest option in this instance Russ.. Got to love the warranty certificate. 8)

dotty said:
Russfool said:

Thanks again

Russ

I would say thats your safest option in this instance Russ.. Got to love the warranty certificate. 8)

Problem is it's only an extended waranty.....It's a 52 plate, so not as much cover.....things like the steering rack are though 8) ...

....It's probably one of the wifes old fag packets sliding around behind the dash lol :lol:

Not going in till 6th Feb....It's the earlyest we can get a Civc courtesy car.....stupid bint won't drive a Jazz lol

chippyleigh said:
Any news on this ???

Not till 6th of Feb M8......I think it might be the clutch pedal, there is an adjustment screw or stopper that touches the steering column....when you move the clutch from left to right with your hand it makes the same sort of noise ish....sorry best way I can describe it :oops:

Russfool said:
chippyleigh said:
Any news on this ???

Not till 6th of Feb M8......I think it might be the clutch pedal, there is an adjustment screw or stopper that touches the steering column....when you move the clutch from left to right with your hand it makes the same sort of noise ish....sorry best way I can describe it :oops:

No probs fella.

My CTR is in Croydon Honda now

They are sure it's the front shocks & mounts :?

The good thing is the service manager is sure it will be covered by the warranty but we are waiting for them to confirm :? and they can't get parts till Wednesday :(

Got a nice 55 Civic saloon IMA (intergrated motor assist)to drive around in though......full leather but the gear knob's in the wrong place lol.....and it turns it's self off at Traffic lights until you put it back in gear.....It's almost as fast as a dead snail too

creeking turning into more of a knocking sound now!!!!!!!!1 :cry: going to honda next week

lewisy said:
creeking turning into more of a knocking sound now!!!!!!!!1 :cry: going to honda next week

Sounds the same m8 :?

They are taking her in tomorrow to so the warranty inspector can check we have not been missusing the car.....FFS !!! like my wife off roads it on the school run :evil:

If they wont do it under warranty it's gonna cost £900 :evil:

I only bought the fcuker 6 months ago off them :evil: :evil: :evil:

lewisy said:

How did you get on with your knocking/squeek?....did you take it to Honda?

Mine went back 3 times.....they said the front struts needed replacing....they only changed 1 :? ....so it went back as I demanded the other was changed (would you only change 1 brake pad?)

When I got the car back we still had a noise....same but not as loud :evil:

Honda uk was made aware and now we have a nice shiney new steering rack.....all done under warranty 8)

No noise now....My CTR is running like a dream 8)

PM sent

The steering rack has a pre-tensioner on it, it can be adjusted to quieten down the squeak. I had a new steering rack under warranty a few years ago, it's a common problem.

Back