• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SS EP3

Decided eventually to stop being tight and do some stuff to the car.

Old picture but not a lot happened:
IMG_0836.jpg

Starting this in prep for the weekend provided the weathers good.

So already done
- Tegiwa carbon fibre air box
- Tinted (when bought)
- Aero blades
- HID's (when bought)
- It's on spec 2's (when bought)

That's it lol

I've ordered a load of stuff this week, mostly should be here for the weekend:

- Oil and filter change
- HEL Braided lines(got 6 months ago actually lol)
- RBF 600 fluid
- Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- Finally got around to reordering the clips to fit my type R badge that blew away a few months ago
- Going to get some red calliper paint too

In two minds as to what to do next actually:

- Quite like a skunk 2 billet gear knob
- Considering lowering but don't want it too low. The eibach pro 15-20mm look OK, but not sure how it would effect the handling either as I ready it can actually make it worse? Ride comfort to consider too.
- Was considering a b-pipe for ages, but seems a bit of a non-mod really just noise and that's it.
- Strut brace for the front to add to the engine bay, with maybe some different coloured hosing.

So yeah, hopefully progress at weekend if weather permits.

Last edited by a moderator:
In two minds as to what to do next actually:

- Quite like a skunk 2 billet gear knob
Great mod, heavyweight so makes changes slick and positive
- Considering lowering but don't want it too low. The eibach pro 15-20mm look OK, but not sure how it would effect the handling either as I ready it can actually make it worse? Ride comfort to consider too.
I would only think the handling would go worse if the FRSU wasn't done at the same time as lowering could put the geo out even more from optimal.
- Was considering a b-pipe for ages, but seems a bit of a non-mod really just noise and that's it.
The b-pipe is actually the most restrictive part of the cat-back. The back box isn't too bad really. Getting a larger bore b-pipe will free up the mid range a bit more.
- Strut brace for the front to add to the engine bay, with maybe some different coloured hosing.
A bit of bling really, but nothing wrong with that. Money would be better spent on a JDM rear ARB and get it done at the same time as the FRSU.

Good updates! :smt023

My thoughts of the next jobs in red above. ;)

Cheers useful information. Never even considered a FRSU to be honest.

I'll try and order the Skunk asap if I can find a decent place/price.

About the lowering, that's sort of what I meant. I'd just get the springs fit at home really wouldn't go to a garage or anything. My old man worked at a nissan dealership for years so I don't pay for labour for most jobs, but obviously suspension geometry is different without the kit.

Everythings here except I didn't get around to buying calliper paint and decals. Considering how long it'd probably take to dry, i might end up having to do that another day lol. I'd like red calipper with a type R decal, but depends if it will fit/how it looks.

IMG_1044.jpg

Fitted the pads and lines and changed the oil today. Can stick the badge on when ever. Took a few random shots because it looked good in the sun

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Removed the ranting essay!

Plans are, for when it eventually stops raining

- Paint callipers red
- Try and remove front bumper, see how it's all fit. If it comes apart fine; order bumper from Hendy at £240. This bumper really ****es me off now.
- Still got to get around to refurbing gear knob / ordering skunk 2 one
- Clean seats, the red bits are dirty, or potentially I suppose buy some prems if i decide to keep it 12 months

Removed the thinking aloud crap from the post above and have a couple quick questions??

There is a sort of, wow-wow-wow type noise when driving. Another guy with same car had this, he swapped his tyres around and it moved. Possible flat spot? Any idea on this?

And what's from experience the best way to clean up the red part of the seats?

Cheers!

It looks great from the right hand side! The left hand side, it's only minor, but a bumper defect from what looks like a dodgy repair of a small knock ruins it!

Only small, but it ruins the line of the car and always catches my eye! Going to order a new one at long last, finally ****ed off enough to foot the bill lol.

Is it just me, or would you change it?

IMG_1046.jpg

And an old SR20 parked behind it!

Nice. Looks good, and yes, you were right about the bumper mate, it caught my eye straight away.

Needs a 'R' battery strap - new ones available in the group buy. Red, blue, black.
Shameless advertising. :lol:

Well the bumpers on the silver ones always look a different colour regardless of condition. But this ones had a bit of paint it would seem so could be either.

Once the bumpers replaced it should be pretty mint and i'm going to get a chips away guy to go over and sort out any stone chips because I never have time.

I also think, the £240 would probably repay itself come sale time. I wouldn't like a bumper to come in the way of me selling an otherwise good car that's mechanically perfect. Does seem like some idiot just bumped it against something slowly. How I didn't see it when I bought it i'll never know. Should have changed it earlier actually. Keeping it for a while longer probably any way.

Last year i was paying £154 per MONTH. And this went down significantly with admiral multi car. I got a quote yesterday without multi car fully comp for £888 up front!!!!

Still not got around to doing anything else. However, seems around the same area the splitter seems to have slight flaking of the top paint layer so was probably resprayed too. I think replacing the bumper will be worth the money come sale time so will do this, as it's the only real issue with the car and is very noticeable. Annoying really, i need to be more careful when buying still can't to this day believe I didn't notice this.

Tried ordering skunk 2 knob but funky power paypal is broke so trying hendy performance next. IF i do the bumper and i'm happy, I think i'd like a b-pipe.

Q. Does my car look lowered? From pictures i've been told it looks lowered. Can't tell on the springs!??

Back