• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Small update: Installed my new battery tie.........

Decided my air filter on the CPL CAI needed cleaning (not looked at it since it was installed last Nov). Have bought spare filter to make proces quicker. Passenger side wheel off and arch liner out.......

State of filter............

Unfortunately I noticed my Tegiwa fog light scoop had broken. One of the clips had come off...........
icon_sad.gif

Problem solved with good old superglue.
icon_smile.gif

Well a small (but important) update............

Had a scrape on the drivers side wheel arch that was left by some kind soul towards the end of last year and as such I had left it until I wanted some other spray work doing. Last Friday the car went in along with a GP rear splitter in a box to be sprayed same colour as it was off a milano. Decided as well to have the Tegiwa fog scoops sprayed to tidy them up a bit. Picked the car up today, got home and started work with help of a mate. Pics with iphone hence not the best............

Car before we started (pic not taken today but shows what it looked like when we started)..........

Bumper off..............

Remove splitter from top part of bumper (taking reflectors and exhaust garnish off the old splitter)...........

New part............

Attach new splitter to upper part of bumper and install reflectors & exhaust garnish............

Closer look at exhaust garnish from the rear of the splitter.........

Put it all back on and the end result...............

Like I say the pics could be better but you get the idea.
icon_biggrin.gif

Fantastic.

They look so much more purposeful with the GP rear end. :smt023

Well another toy arrived today. Been keeping my eye on one of these for ages and found they had come down in price enough to think it worthwhile getting one...........

Should be able to take the back seats out next time I go on track as this will be mounted firmly on the dash.
icon_biggrin.gif

Good stuff!

Have you got any track days booked? I should really get my behind in gear while it's summer.

Good stuff!

Have you got any track days booked? I should really get my behind in gear while it's summer.

Summer??? Waiting for winter when the weather will be decent.:rolleyes:

Next planning 3rd October all being well at Oulton Park. Work is getting in the way of fun:( (at least it pays for mods :)).

Fancy joining us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking tidy buddy, I want this kit soon myself.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cheers Jerry. Only thing about the GoPro motorsport pack is the skeleton housing that comes with it is totally enclosed, this means that very little sound can be heard on playback + the camera does get rather hot as there are no vents in it (it is designed for external use). I have already ordered a new skeleton which has open sides to improve sound quality and also to allow charging leads and external mic to be attached. Had a try out and got to say the quality is superb.:D

If you are thinking of getting one look at these on ebay..........

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/max_proaudio/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

They aren't the cheapest but have excellent feedback and mine was delivered within 24 hours!

I'll see how much TDi sets me back tomorrow and get back to you.

I need to get back out on track though! :lol:

Been a while since I did an update so here goes...............

Been thinking for a while about fitting a limited slip diff and as such have wondered which to go for, Wavetrac, Quaife or MFactory. To cut a long story short and having weighed everything up I ended up taking Grinspeed's special offer on an MFactory diff, supplied and fitted for £900 (including oil & bearings). Booked the car in with Stevie (top bloke) and promptly arrived for an 8am start.

Once the car was on the ramp Stevie got stuck in removing all the various items needed to allow access to the gearbox.

Pic of the gearbox out.

Pic of the car looking at the clutch & flywheel (with gearbox removed).

Next job was for Stevie to split the gearbox. The gears and diff are shown in the casing.

Then it was time to sort out preparing the new MFactory Diff.

The Mfactory diff is shown on the right and the standard diff on the left.

Next the cog off the standard diff had to be transferred to the MFactory diff. The completed assembly shown below.

Next job to install the thing back into the gearbox casing.

Then put the casing back together.

Then install the MFactory magnetic oil plug.

Then all was fitted back into the car.

I will undertake a review of the MFactory diff in a few weeks when I have chance to play a bit. All I will say for the moment is that I have had one small blast and found that front end grip through a corner with the power down is vastly improved. So much so that I have got to re-assess what the car can do.

All in all I am very happy and can thoroughly recommend Stevie at Grinspeed. This may be the first time I have had work done there, but it won't be the last.
icon_smile.gif

Back