• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Nice video and pictures! Really nice looking car!
My favourite bit of the video was when you slowed down a bit and moved to the right and then..... Whooosh there goes the Evo. The guy was flying with that 4 wheel drive rocket. Loved it mate!

The guy in the Evo is a track day regular and said himself that he was on it! He was helped by the fact that he had wet weather tyres fitted.:)

Been toying with charging or staying N/A over the last few months. Had quote from Tdi North for some N/A work and wondered if it was worth it. Either ways until I can make my mind up I have booked the car in for an oil pump upgrade which deletes the balancer shafts and give ability to rev to 9000rpm. Anyone around Tdi North on Thursday 4th April and fancies a chat, come along:)

Nice package arrived this morning...................

Got to sort getting them on for Cadwell Park now...........
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Been toying with charging or staying N/A over the last few months. Had quote from Tdi North for some N/A work and wondered if it was worth it. Either ways until I can make my mind up I have booked the car in for an oil pump upgrade which deletes the balancer shafts and give ability to rev to 9000rpm. Anyone around Tdi North on Thursday 4th April and fancies a chat, come along:)

Loxy had this done to his FN2 I think.

Re: Staffs Deltic FN2 *Now Bad* lol

Aye, I did. :p

You'll have to do a good write-up on those MeisterRs Paul!

Aye, I did. :p

You'll have to do a good write-up on those MeisterRs Paul!

Will do John. Getting them fitted next month at Grinspeed. Will get my track day out of the way and put few miles on them before attempting a review (as I have heard they settle in and get better with a few miles on them).:)

FD2 Oil Pump fitting

Popped down to TDI North yesterday to have a little something done.........

Car being taken in............

Neil in the early stages of the job.................

FN2 oil pump with balancer shafts.............

Fn2 oil pump off the car and sitting in a spare sump.......

Underside of engine with oil pump removed............

FN2 oil pump alongside new FD2 oil pump........big difference in size and weight!

Oil pump fitted.........

Neil, Ben & Tom finishing off............

Car back together.........

Car went on the rolling road and made 234.7BHP vice 231.4bhp last time.
icon_biggrin.gif

On the drive home there was more vibration & noise which I need to get used to. Removing the balancer shafts and the fact that I have the Polybush engine mounts is transferring a lot of vibration back into the cabin.

The car feels more urgent in the way it pulls and when blipping the throttle at a stand still the engine revs pick up and drop off quicker. Will see how it performs at Cadwell Park later this month.
icon_biggrin.gif

Just been out for a quick spin and whilst there is vibration there it somehow doesn't seem as bad as yesterday. Polybush engine mounts make such an improvement to the gear changes they are staying put. It is the poor design of tye FN2 dash that is the problem. Like I say will see how it goes. Some rattles come and go anyway. Can always turn up the stereo.:)

Suspension Upgrades

As some are you are aware I have not been happy with my coilovers. The BC Racing ones I have fitted are very hard and I find it very difficult to get a setting that works for me on our lovely smooth roads (not). I bought a new set of Meister R coilovers earlier on in the year and had been planning to get them fitted as soon as. Right here goes........................

Whilst at TDI North having the oil pump done I enquired about these.............

Thought I may as well get booked in to get them done as I wanted to get the suspension finished...................

Ben drilling out the old ones..............

Fitted at the front...................

Fitted at the rear..............

Next it was off to Grinspeed to see Stevie.............

My new shiny Meister R coilovers.................

Also Stevie had some of these in stock so I thought I may as well get them fitted............

Rear coilover in place.................

Front coilover in place...............

One of the Spoon rigid collars in place (with the bolt through it)..............

While I was at Stevie's he found one of the rubber boots on one of my drop links had split. I had no knocking coming from it but there was some play in that end. Stevie got one delivered and fitted it there and then.
icon_biggrin.gif

Initial impressions from the upgrades are very good. New coilovers are very responsive to small adjustments and they feel more compliant on the lower settings on our potholed streets. I won't review them yet as I want to let the settle in and have a play about over the next few weeks.

Polybush mounts have made the car feel more responsive to direction change. It feels a lot sharper than before.

I will see how it goes at Cadwell on Monday as that will be the real test.
icon_smile.gif

That's the handling sorted, just got to start thinking about POWER!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Re: Staffs Deltic FN2 *Now Bad* lol

Excellent updates. Have fun at Cadwell!

Back