• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Well it has been a longer day than expected but here we go with the scores on the doors.................

250.2bhp with 177.6lb/ft of torque.

The cat in the exhaust is holding the car back. However it has to be said it drives superb. Am I happy????? You bet.
icon_biggrin.gif

Attached is the graph which shows the old power / torque as dotted lines and new as solid lines.

VTEC point has been set to 4750rpm.

Really strange being able to rev to 9000rpm but very addictive.
icon_biggrin.gif

Attachments

• Paul Cams.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 46
Good solid gains there Paul. It's only 7bhp and 2ftlb behind where mine was at.

Was VTEC at about 4,250 before?

As per FB, 3" inch exhaust would sort that mid range out a treat and let it breathe at the top end. You've got all the foundations there now, so you've got the option.

Just a thought, any chance of getting your cat section re-done with a flange at either end so you could unbolt it and bolt in a straight though pipe and then run two maps on the flashpro? Swap it over for track sort of thing?

Good solid gains there Paul. It's only 7bhp and 2ftlb behind where mine was at.

Was VTEC at about 4,250 before?

As per FB, 3" inch exhaust would sort that mid range out a treat and let it breathe at the top end. You've got all the foundations there now, so you've got the option.

Just a thought, any chance of getting your cat section re-done with a flange at either end so you could unbolt it and bolt in a straight though pipe and then run two maps on the flashpro? Swap it over for track sort of thing?

Cheers John.

VTEC was at 3700rpm beforehand.

Paul's words immediately after mapping were 'you need one of our 3" cat backs'! I knew it would cause me a loss and knew I wouldn't reach your figures, so no surprises really.

I could re-do the cat section but tbh if I end up altering it at all, then it will be a new exhaust manifold with sports cat in place + 3" exhaust. Got to see the results from some of the new items filtering on to the market shortly.

You've just got to be careful with some on these sport cat in the manifold solutions. Short primaries straight into a single exit for the cat do not great gains make. :lol:

Cosworth HG, nice.

What springs did you go with? New chain and tensioner did I see?

Ended up with Cosworth head gasket as they couldn't get anything else!

Went with Toda drop in springs as that was what Paul recommended. Its my old chain and tensioner, just cleaned up and checked over before refitting.

Lovely motor this :) I had a good look round it last week at TDI when I was having the cams changed on mine

The head was completely off when I was there so I suspected you were having some special done :) excellent results fella

Good news from Honda today. My car is suffering from a rusty roof where it meets the windscreen (known issue with certain age FN2's). Took it to the local dealer and the repair has been authorised by Honda UK free of charge.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi mate, good news they are paying out! What's the age of your car and are you still under any sort of warranty? Mine is beginning to do tha same, no rust yet but the paint is slightly raised ad bubbly all along the window strip!

Did you contact honda uk first or just go straight to your local dealer? Any advice in this would be much appreciated!

Hi mate, good news they are paying out! What's the age of your car and are you still under any sort of warranty? Mine is beginning to do tha same, no rust yet but the paint is slightly raised ad bubbly all along the window strip!

Did you contact honda uk first or just go straight to your local dealer? Any advice in this would be much appreciated!

Snap! :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry for the thread hijack Paul.

Go to your dealer, they'll do the assessment and put it through the system for Honda UK to approve.

I had mine done when it was just starting to bubble. Honda are happy to do it sooner rather than later as it's easier to sort out.

I had mine done at the beginning of the year and it was a 57 plate. Honda have extended the warranty period for them. It doesn't come under the anti-perforation, as it won't have gone all the way through yet.

Some dealers have insisted on full Honda Service History, some will accept any full history as long as Honda parts and schedules and bodywork inspections have been carried out. At the end of all that, the Honda UK system only asks if the car has a full service history (no request of from where) and the date of the last service.

Don't lose your rag with the service managers, just be calm and polite and push your point. You might just get it approved without hassle though.

Not a hijack John. That is what its all about, keeping people informed.:)

My car is an 08 plate. Took the car to Holcrofts in stoke and as John advises spoke with the service manager. I am out of warranty and haven't had the car serviced at any dealers since I had it (nearly 2.5 years). He took a few pics, photocopied my service history and completed some paperwork. He had to submit it all to Honda UK who have now authorised the repair.:D

Not a hijack John. That is what its all about, keeping people informed.:)

My car is an 08 plate. Took the car to Holcrofts in stoke and as John advises spoke with the service manager. I am out of warranty and haven't had the car serviced at any dealers since I had it (nearly 2.5 years). He took a few pics, photocopied my service history and completed some paperwork. He had to submit it all to Honda UK who have now authorised the repair.:D

Thats great news, I've emailed my local lings honda, hopefully I will have a similar experience!

Just read your thread mate, great mods and the car looks brilliant!

I'm hoping my job will backup the mod addiction everyone seems to get on here...

Back