• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stage 3 tunner skunk 2 cams

Advice please

Hi guys.ive just installed some stage 3 skunk2 tunner cams with springs and retainers this weekend.
When starting the car up there's alot more noise coming from the rocker which sounds like chain and injector tapping.is this normal with high lift cams?
Thanks in advance.
I've been told it will get quieter when remapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is quite a lot of chain slap on Skunk2 cams with their, "fast ramp technology," and I'm guessing Stage 3s would be even more prevalent.

Google, "Skunk2 chain slap."

With Stage 3s I would have also thought that an uprated chain and tensioner would be a must.

I anyone running skunk 2 tunner stage 3 cams in there dc5 or civic,I've fitted some to mine. Everything timmed up perfect.the car started first time.but it sounds like the cam chain get louder higher up the revs.i haven't hit vtec yet and won't till the cars mapped next Saturday, I've been told it will quieten down when mapped.can anyone shed any light on everything?

I've just had a read up chain slap. It's seems to me that while I'm running on part throttle the vtc needs to be at 0degrees to get rid off chain slap.see what my tuner can do on sat.

Back