• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stance Vs Handling

Hi everybody

I have had my Meister R Zeta R's coilies fitted to my EP3 recently and had the fast road setup done, well I've had the following settings applied to my car:

-1 neg camber all round
2mm toe in rear
1mm toe out front

Basically I would like to know what your settings are, I'd like a more "stanced" look but still want to keep the handling to a decent standard.

Can you tell me how much your car is cambered at and how well you can go around a corner, possibly some pics?

Kind regards

image.png
All your stancing questions answered on CTRO by like minded individuals.

image.png
All your stancing questions answered on CTRO by like minded individuals.

HAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!

I'm not looking for that much of a stance, just a slight camber but decent enough for daily driving, I want to keep it on the road.
Awesome pic *** haha!

Thing is fella, if it looks 'stanced' chances are it's not going to drive very well at all. Boarderline dangerous IMO.

The current settings you have are about as good as it gets for road use, you might go as much as -3° for track use. The more camber you add the more skittish your car will become, making it very hard to keep it pointing straight. Very annoying on the motorway I assure you.

With your coilovers I'd guess you'd be able to get somewhere between -5 and -7, which would start to look a bit stupid or 'stanced'.

If you're dead set on doing it, set it up and mark your coilovers with the settings before and after, then you can reset them for driveability and then make it look gay as fook for shows and the like.

....as you can probably tell, I don't approve :lol:

Thing is fella, if it looks 'stanced' chances are it's not going to drive very well at all. Boarderline dangerous IMO.

The current settings you have are about as good as it gets for road use, you might go as much as -3° for track use. The more camber you add the more skittish your car will become, making it very hard to keep it pointing straight. Very annoying on the motorway I assure you.

With your coilovers I'd guess you'd be able to get somewhere between -5 and -7, which would start to look a bit stupid or 'stanced'.

If you're dead set on doing it, set it up and mark your coilovers with the settings before and after, then you can reset them for driveability and then make it look gay as fook for shows and the like.

....as you can probably tell, I don't approve :lol:

I gathered you didn't approve lol, I'm a noob at this suspension stuff.

To be honest this is my very first set of coilovers so I'm just having a play with them to see what they are capable of, I very rarely use motorways and always stick to A and B roads (if that's what you call a pothole filled road).
They have been very good so far, I'm new to the suspension side of things so I'm just trying to find a happy medium.
I will use a marker of some sort to give me a reset point definitely. I'm not 100% on what I'm trying to achieve from this either haha, I want it to handle very well but also look nice parked up, maybe just keep the settings the same and slam her down 30-40mm?

I have fully adjustable items, 36 way adjustable coilies, rear control arms and camber adjusters so my possibilities are endless.

Back