• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard backbox after N1

tp

I stuck mine back on because firstly I could be heard over 2 miles away. :roll: :oops: :lol: and secondly I want to do the trackday Sara is sorting out and they have a noise limit that I break just sitting in idle. :twisted: :lol:

Now....I thought due to the noise I had blown it up due to all the dragging......Paul's sounds the same.
I spend an hour or 2 on my knees loosening everything off and stick the standard one back on and the results:

Quieter........yes.
Farty rattly noise due to blown baffles............still there............ The midbox is knackered. :roll: Bugger!

Oh well. Live and learn.
Anyway. My N1 is all freshly polished to batter a few more boosted cars on the strip on my next visit......Hello Steve. :lol: :lol: :lol: ....but the interesting stuff now.

My car is pretty well mapped with a fairly constant AF of 13.0-13.2 in 4th gear at inlet temperatures of 75-90'F
With the standard backbox on my AF has dipped to 12.6-12.8 under the same conditions. What this has shown me is that even running NA it does cause a restriction...and to be quite honest it is noticeable. The car doesnÂ’t pull quite as eager as it did with the N1...but my ears don't bleed quite so much any more. :lol:

So....Standard backbox IS restrictive.......but only slightly.......but the gains through being able to talk to someone on the phone without having to pull over at the next services win it for me. :wink:

See my mods in my sig - I definatly noticed a difference after I put the B pipe and N1 on. Not straight away but after about 50 miles I got a sudden boost in VTEC.

tp
You can have a listen to mine tomorrow, I am sure it sounds funny after running it at a track day with the bung in it.

During my blat around Deberyshire I had the bung in my N1 (to keep the Mrs sweet) and I couldn't believe how much it held the car back. You must loose some serious top end power with it in. Makes a real dirty rally slag noise too.

Back